Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bassani X has about 60,000miles on it and noticed when I pulled it, there are exhaust leaks at some of the connections. Primarily where the cats connect. Those familiar w/ the bassani X know that they use heavy duty pipe type clamps and a compression fitting...I've already tried to retighten, but the clamps won't cinch up anymore...anyone find a fix w/ the same system...

I don't really want to weld everything together...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just took the clamps off and welded the connections. I was getting sick of getting under the car every 2 weeks to fix it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Use the air tools to tighten the connections, impact wrench. Not sure what you use but I've had success with that. Using regular hand tools is not too effective for exhaust. Welding is the best though for a no leak exhaust.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Use copper RTV on all exhaust connections........you'll never have another leak again.

--Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Weld It!

Just had my done at the local speed shop and was told that stainless steel is too slippery and will never hold with just clamps for very long... they need to be welded!

After 8 miles so good so far :bigwink:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Use copper RTV on all exhaust connections........you'll never have another leak again.

--Joe
So copper RTV, I'll prob give this a try first...i don't really want to weld because I still want to be able to swap out the cats for straight pipes..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts