Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went with manual steering, no ac, and just got an electric water pump. how do you guys run your belts with just an alternater? please show me what you go. thanks, adam

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Should be a short belt from crank to alt.... you would use the alt to adjust the belt tension. some alts have both lower mounts slotted but if your doesn't then you can slot one or both holes to provide some adjustment...I think you have to have the idler water pump but dont think ive seen one setup with the non idler water pump....

·
Registered
19 Posts
i used an ac delete pulley and a power steering delete pulley(from karkraft) with stock routing of the belt.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Don't you have the Meziere pump? That has an idler, so simply route from dampner, water pump, to alt... pretty straight forward.

BTW, you get around, lol... what forum aren't you on

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't you have the Meziere pump? That has an idler, so simply route from dampner, water pump, to alt... pretty straight forward.

BTW, you get around, lol... what forum aren't you on
the problem is you have to use your tensioner....there is no way to route from the balancer to the alternator using the tensioner. i think ill get rid of the tensioner and just got with a ac pulley delete which is a manual tensioner.

·
Registered
35 Posts

sure looks like it could be done without the ps as well. but you would still have the factory idlers and tensioner

(change the drivers side tensioner to a ribbed and route the belt around it instead of down to the ps)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts