Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Twin 57mm HPP or HELLION turbo kit?

• HPP ([url]http://hppmotorsports.com/[/url])

Votes: 55 48.7%
  • HELLION ([url]http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/[/url])

Votes: 58 51.3%

HPP vs HELLION turbo kits?

53K views 81 replies 40 participants last post by  Eatonualive281 
#1 ·
I was set on getting the twin 57 mm kit from hellion, but have been reading the turbo section and see a few posts of people selling the hellion kit and going HPP. The TT kits are identical in price, so can someone explain the benefits? I know with the HPP you can see the turbos under the hood, that looks nice, but are their kits ready-made, how long would it take to get one, and is the install easier'/harder then a hellion turbo kit? thanks.

#2 ·
hpp would be harder because it has headers, while the hellion used stock manifolds.. I have not worked with either but seems obvious...

I have seen the hpp kit in person though, and its badass looking..

#3 ·
wait a second, i may be retarded, but don't you have to have turbo headers? how could the hellion kit use the stock cobra manifolds. I have longtubes on my car now, can I somehow use those with the hellion kit? i dont see how this is possible.

edit: or do you mean intake manifold? lol. BUt you say the HPP kit has headers, well, as i said, i need turbo headers correct. does hellion come with the turbo headers or do I have to get them custom made?

#20 ·
here goes the hellion kit pipe routing.. it uses the stock manifolds and then uturns around up to the turbo.. all thier kits are like this if i am not mistaken..

The hellraiser is a bit different...

#5 ·
here goes the hellion kit pipe routing.. it uses the stock manifolds and then uturns around up to the turbo.. all thier kits are like this if i am not mistaken..

#6 ·
oh wow, i had no idea hellion was routed that way. I don't even have those crap manifolds, could you guys recommend someone that could make a killer header for the hellion kit? That could be a huge restriction point (using the stock manifolds) no? The shop I have building the car is pretty good, would it be effective to just use my BBK longtubes. They could weld some extra pipe to connect to my longtubes(as opposed to the stock manifolds), then just u-turn that up to the turbos, or could the extra exhaust travel distance cause problems? That could only provide more air flow no?

CLIFF NOTES: If they fabbed up some extra piping to connect to my longtube headers instead of using the stock manifolds, would that work, and if it did, wouldnt that be a lot better anyway?

#7 ·
just go hpp if you dont want stock manifolds, but im sure its been proven that the turbo is the biggest restriction in the exhuast, so there isnt alot to gain by using something other than the stock manifolds.

#9 ·
the hellion twin kit is pretty easy to install. like I said in my pm, the stock manifolds have been proven to be perfectly fine. and most feel it is above 1000rwhp where they may be a restriction, but there are some who have made over that with the stock manifolds. your goals are 700 on pump gas like you told me. stock manifolds are more than adequate for that. they hold heat in very well and that is one reason they work well. it was designed this way for ease of installation for most anybody with mechanical skills and hand tools. so no, you don't have to have turbo headers and imo, I would see the longtubes and midpipe to help offset some of the cost of the kit. either way, you would be doing that with any of the kits out there.

#10 ·
The advantage of the Hellion over the HPP is the Hellion kit is stainless... whereas the HPP kit is coated. However, HPP warranties the piping for life.

The HPP kit turbos sit high and don't require an evacuation pump, whereas the Hellion kit's turbos are mounted lower, and require the pump. I don't think that is too big of a deal, as Hellion includes the pump... simply one more thing to install.

Cost wise, the base HPP kit is close to the Hellion, but if you go for any of the available options, the price will quickly exceed the Hellion kit.

I do believe Hellion will be a quicker turnaround, but pm -Wade- on here to find out how long the HPP kit will take. Sometimes they have them on the shelves.

You just need to decide if you want the turbos showing in the engine bay or not. Personally, I wasn't going to go through the labor and cost of going turbo and not be able to see them sexy shits.

#13 ·
The advantage of the Hellion over the HPP is the Hellion kit is stainless... whereas the HPP kit is coated. However, HPP warranties the piping for life.

The HPP kit turbos sit high and don't require an evacuation pump, whereas the Hellion kit's turbos are mounted lower, and require the pump. I don't think that is too big of a deal, as Hellion includes the pump... simply one more thing to install.

Cost wise, the base HPP kit is close to the Hellion, but if you go for any of the available options, the price will quickly exceed the Hellion kit.

I do believe Hellion will be a quicker turnaround, but pm -Wade- on here to find out how long the HPP kit will take. Sometimes they have them on the shelves.

You just need to decide if you want the turbos showing in the engine bay or not. Personally, I wasn't going to go through the labor and cost of going turbo and not be able to see them sexy shits.
X2....from a former Hellion owner:tip:aint they purdy...

#11 ·
Tony,

in the base price of $7500, does that include the suspension? I looked at their kit once before and forgot to ask this. Because in their Options it mentions the suspension kit for $1230.

#15 ·
Three things to improve the HPP kit:
Add a AC delete option on hot piping
Include custom hoses to relocate the power steering reservoir.
Option for driver side turbo support bracket to work with non 03-04 Cobra front cover.

#29 ·
HPP > Hellion

I can truly comment on this now that I have my car back. Let me say I started out with the Hellion kit with the 76gts. It made decent power for a true bolt on. (725hp) Then I wanted more so I upgraded to the 78gts with 4" dp and electric cut out(785hp) and that was cool.

Know I have the HPP twin billet wheel 62's and there is no comparison between the two kits. Its like going from a 600cc bike to a 1400cc:scare: I never dreamed at a push of a button I could be hosing my M/T dr's at 140+ on the highway. :yahoo:

#30 ·
I can truly comment on this now that I have my car back. Let me say I started out with the Hellion kit with the 76gts. It made decent power for a true bolt on. (725hp) Then I wanted more so I upgraded to the 78gts with 4" dp and electric cut out(785hp) and that was cool.

Know I have the HPP twin billet wheel 62's and there is no comparison between the two kits. Its like going from a 600cc bike to a 1400cc:scare: I never dreamed at a push of a button I could be hosing my M/T dr's at 140+ on the highway. :yahoo:
dude, you went from a single to twins, of course there is no comparison. lol

you would have felt the same way if you went with any of the twin kits over a single. it is like comparing apples to oranges.

#32 ·
I think the name of the thread is Hellion Vs. HPP kits.... So I just answered his question. Im no dumbass I know the difference, between twins and singles. But hey thanks for the info.

#35 ·
If I end up keeping my Cobra then I will be getting the HPP twin turbo kit. From what I have seen I think its the best kit out right now. From what I HEARD not sure if its fact or fiction, but that the fastest 6spd IRS cobra in the US right now has a HPP TT kit on it. When RazrsEdge and I went down to Dallas to pick up my car we went out that night and watched Manny smoke his tires at 100+ mph while racing a TT Viper.

Go big...aka HPP or go home,
Josh

#51 ·
Adjustable boost is great. It sucks having to run race gas or torco all the time when you just want to cruse around town. Been there done that. Plus, belt changes and pulley changes suck. Turbo is by far the most fun, I've had every single combo available. Turbo plus the jug = win. Do I get neck snapping torque like a pd blower? Not really on boost alone. I do if I brake boost, use the sauce or use the 2 step. I like not blowing my tires off in first when I step on it through the intersection. The power comes on smooth, then its a shit show of violence afterwords.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.