Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question and a story.

Well I was auto-crossing today and had a little rendezvous with the guardrail after a slight spin out (THANKS TO TRACTION CONTROL BAH!).

Anyway, there will be a video posted soon from the Chebby goons on all the message boards I’m sure, so be prepared. Realize I backed it up, however, by running the best time of all the cars there, even some SCCA Corvettes.

The damage is only slight, just need a new rear bumper and I’m ok obviously.

I need to know where the best and cheapest place to get a replacement bumper is. I’ve seen them for $290 on the FordPartsNetwork. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
sorry to hear, it seems we only hurt the ones we love.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Ewwww that hurts.:( Sorry to hear about the damage. Were you running it at old dominion? Anyway good luck with the fix.

Razor.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
akatherazor4 said:
Ewwww that hurts.:( Sorry to hear about the damage. Were you running it at old dominion? Anyway good luck with the fix.

Razor.
Yeah I was there with the Corvette club. Who are you? I'm sure we know eachother.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Z20_WHAT said:
Yeah I was there with the Corvette club. Who are you? I'm sure we know eachother.
Well I talked to you on here a while back about your screen name. I rembered seeing that tag on a car in the Manassas area a while back. I drive a blown true blue 01 cobra. It's pretty normal looking on the outside aside from the chrome 03 wheels and Springfield Motorsport sticker in the rear window.;)

Razor.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had bumper damage last month when I got rear-ended in my '03 Cobra. (Two days after purchase :( )

I think what you have on your hands is a bit more than a $290 bumper cover. I believe the bumper covers come unpainted, so they have to be painted and all the panels around the rear bumper need to blended so they match up. If not there would be a visible difference where they meet. Also the covers have a special paint so that they can flex without cracking. Special paint = more expensive. From the picture it appears the driver side rear quarter panel also may need some work.

I got hit pretty hard down low, so the frame bent, exhaust pipes took heavy damage, and I needed a new gas tank (bent, didn't rupture) etc. My damage estimate came out to $5000.
(Your will be alot less than that)

If you want I can find my estimate and look over what would apply to you and that would give you a rough dollar amount. Estimate isn't physically where I am at right now.

Good luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the reply but the damage really isn't that bad. the quarter panel isn't even touched. the light is near flawless except for some paint scape i have no clue how got there but is so minor it could probably be buffed out. i'm having a friend paint it and put it on for $150. the exhaust is fine too and i seriously doubt the frame is hurt considering the actual bumper (part behind the cover) took most of the shock.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Wow that didn't look fun at all.:( At least they gave you respect in the video! Score another victory for the 03 Cobra thanks to Z20What!!!:D

P.S. How fast were you going bro?

Razor.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
akatherazor4 said:
Wow that didn't look fun at all.:( At least they gave you respect in the video! Score another victory for the 03 Cobra thanks to Z20What!!!:D

P.S. How fast were you going bro?

Razor.
Yeah it was painful to know I was heading to the rail. Me, and EVERYONE watching thought I was gonna save it but guess not.

At the end of that long straight I'm going about 100mph, I brake a LITTLE as I enter the first cones but then I accelerate again so somewhere around 85 - 100 mph going through those set of cones where I spun out.

Yeah the guys who took the video were cool. Just fearing all the Chevy owners getting their say in ;)

FIRST time racing the Cobra. It'll only get better.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the sites guys. I'll check them all out.

I think I can just order a new tailpipe as the rest of the exhaust system isn't too bad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts