Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, the Lightning is history, as is my racing urge. Got a decent deal on the get-out of the 02 Lightning, and a great price on the SportTrac. Just closed on my house on the 15th of this month, and money is going to that. I guess I just got tired of the 10mpg (my fault only) I am getting at $1.90 per gal.

I have been planning a bike for some time now, and hope to do it very soon. I guess I just like to go slow more than I do fast nowadays.

Thanks to almost everyone who I have called upon for mod advice. See you in non-tech related arguments! :D (time to go change the plates!)

Joe

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey Joe....

...nice truck:) but its a sohc(4.0), right? kinda "baby" modular;)
you got your nerve wearing white:p
yeah, whats your new plates gonna' say? lets have a "name Joes truck" contest....hmmmm, Killian's white?

Randy

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Sorry the L had to go Bro, but I understand! Remeber though, you are always welcome here until you buy a product of the Generals hhehehee! :p

·
Registered
244 Posts
Soo the plates can read MDLRLES! Good luck on your new house and ventures gotta have priorities in life sometimes.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sell out! :D

Just kidding bro good luck with the new house!

Bill

·
Registered
204 Posts
houses suck! I havent fully moved into mine and I want to sell it!!! CONGRATS on the house man...even if you dont own a mod you are more than welcome here.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! Adjusting the "slowness" of the new truck. Its a really nice ride quality, and overall I am happy with the fit and finish.

joe

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice Truck...a lot of us Mod Men drive Sport Tracs...

Good luck with the house Joe.
~Darren

·
Registered
53 Posts
can you tow 5,000lbs (open trailer and Mustang) for long distances reliably with one of those Sport-Tracs?

i kind-of like them. they are probably pretty comfortable and good on gas too.

-Mike

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure about uphill!

I know it had NO problems yesterday towing home my 680 lb VTX1300 and trailer from the Honda dealership. Then again, the VTX could probably tow the SportTrac, its a strong one!

joe

·
Registered
53 Posts
thats pretty funny Joe, good luck with the motorcycle.

im gonna dig around Ford's website and see how they option out and so on, but i will probably be looking for a clean used one if i ever bought one. a racer towed from Conneticut to Fla with a Ranger so i guess the Sport Trac could probably do it too.

i really dont want a big full-size truck to drive everyday (unless its a 1st gen Lightning).

-Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts