Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a 00 4.6 2v in my 92 LX with C.O.P . I am also running a Western Motorsports DFI unit. This unit requires I run a MSD DIS-4 . They tell me the computer they sent actually functions with a waste spark setup so I need only 1 MSD box. I understand that part, however they tell me I do not need a tach adapter, MSD says I do. The problem I have is the car has no spark. Will not running a tach adapter cause the car not to run? Also which tach adapter do I need and how many? Thanks

·
Registered
885 Posts
my friend has a 93 mustang with a 347 and an epec computer. he converted his engine to the 2 coil pack setup and then to coil on plug setup. he used a dis-4 box and then switched to a dis-4 ho box. with both boxes and coil setups, he used 2 msd tach adapters. if you can't get your car running, contact me and i will tell you how to get a hold of my friend. i know my friend can answer your questions and help you get your car running. i'm sure the mod motor setup should not be a whole lot different than his, in regards to setting this up. when my friend was doing the conversion, he talked to some well known people who had already performed this conversion and they would NOT give him any information, they guarded this information like it was gold. :rolleyes: he ended up figuring it out on his own. he will share his information concerning this conversion with anyone. he is thinking about writing an article, complete with the wiring instructions on how to do the conversion. once he writes the article he said he would post it all over the internet just to make the people happy ;) , who guarded this information like it was gold. :eek:

[email protected]

540-659-8107 - home
703-617-8972 - work

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Keep us updated on the SDS unit. I have looked into it myself and it seems to be a really neat system. If possible, once you get it up and running I would like to call and ask you a few questions. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts