Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoops, while dissassembling my 02 GT rear-end, I failed to mark wich side my carrier bearing caps belong to. Any ideas?

· Registered
644 Posts
not really, you can try to put them on each side and visually inspect to see if it looks like it was positioned that way before (i.e. markings on the mounting surface.) but there may not be much difference between the two caps making that more difficult to identify. otherwise something to measure the bore with them installed hand-tight may help.

· Premium Member
3,940 Posts
^ What he said. TQ them in...and feel for any mismatch in the caps where they mate the housing. If they feel ok. Swap them...and see if its any better or worse. Past that...good luck.

I do know the part numbers did go a certain way...just want remember.

· Registered
233 Posts
The bore should be 3.062". Bolt them down with arrows pointing out and measure the bore with a caliper. Switch them and check again. I have never had one measure exactly 3.062" but one way they will be way off, the other they will be close, to each other anyway.

· Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bore should be 3.062". Bolt them down with arrows pointing out and measure the bore with a caliper. Switch them and check again. I have never had one measure exactly 3.062" but one way they will be way off, the other they will be close, to each other anyway.
Thanks man, I think I already figured it out, but I'll double check with your method mentioned above, thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.