Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I was measuring to have my new TB cable made up and I noticed that the idle air bypass is now located on the side of the intake and both holes are drilled all the way thru into the intake track. The KB intake has it on top and the second hole has a passage tunneled thru intake to line up with the slot in the TB for air to the idle air bypass. This bypass is now blocked on the TB because it doesn't exist on the Behemoth so how is this going to wor and what is the point of even having it on there? Now I guess we need to have the idle adjusted thru the TB blade?????

If you look at the last pic all the way to the left side of the intake you can see the 2 holes for the idle air bypass.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what do I do so I do not have idle issues?Id the TB blade is closed there is no way the car will ever idle? Do I drill a small hole in the TB blade???

·
doing it with a 2v..
2,589 Posts
use the idle air out of an 05 mustang?

·
Registered
272 Posts
BlownBlu97
Get a IAC for a 03 GT part# 2R3Z9F715AA . It will plug in the IAC harness on the Cobra and it has a hose fitting coming off the IAC that you will have run from the IAC and tap it into your CAI in front of the TB using a hose . This will bypass the air you need when TB is closed. I did my inlet this way and it works great.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool deal, will do.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
BlownBlu97
Get a IAC for a 03 GT part# 2R3Z9F715AA . It will plug in the IAC harness on the Cobra and it has a hose fitting coming off the IAC that you will have run from the IAC and tap it into your CAI in front of the TB using a hose . This will bypass the air you need when TB is closed. I did my inlet this way and it works great.
The only problem with that is 03 GT IAC are known to fail OFTEN. I have had 2 with both under 50K miles and both had IAC failure. Its not a big deal. You just have to keep a can of carb cleaner and 8mm wrench with you at all times. When the car won't start you yank it off spray the ports and go about your way.

Also BlownBlu97 Do not forget to order 4 more Throttle Body bolts since we are adding one more piece we will not have enough bolts. Ran into this this past weekend.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i too hate to cut the factory harness but I do not see any other answers here. As for the bolts I am going to get a set of chrome allen head bolts for everything instead of those gold hex bolts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts