Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the mornings when I start my car, it sounded like my belt was going bad but after about 10 mins it went away so I replaced that and still have the same sound. Today I was coming home in traffic and I heard a faint squeaking noise coming from under the car. Got home and played around with it a little sounds almost like a suspension squeak than really anything else. I only noticed it in the forward gears from around idle to about 1900 rpms, let the car get going under its own power and let my foot off the clutch and it gets even quieter but I can still hear it. If I get out and leave it in neutral I cant hear it.

Thanks in advance for the help.
-Clayton

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive had my clutch go out one time and I noticed it all at once not a gradual deal like this might be. Thats one of the thoughts I had was the throwout bearing but only hearing it in forward gears??? I dunno.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the clutch replaced Jan of 2002 and have had problems with the throwout bearing before. Making noise when i begin to press the clutch in, then after a while it was making noise after a shift and I would have to tap the clutch to make it stop. But that went away about 4 months ago.

Thanks again everyone

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
I am not too familiar with the transmissions in the modular cars (I have not had mine out of the car) but I know the T5 tranny in the older Mustangs had an aluminum T/O bearing retainer that would have wear and if it wasn't replaced would cause your T/O bearing to keep going bad. If you pull the transmission out to replace the bearing, make sure the retainer looks ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts