Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anybody have any plans for their trucks for the winter>??? Crazy paint jobs. Built motors. Blowers. Roll Cages. Lowering. Rims. Stereos. Anything I left out. So what are your plans share them with the rest of us. I personally, would like to get a built longblock with heads and cams and a roll cage in the truck. Just incase I do get to race next year. I also wanna fix my dinged hood and maybe do some DSG racing stripes down the center. Man that hood has had the dent in it forever! HaHa. Just curious what everyone else's plans were. This could be a very fun thread. So don't hold anything back! -Mat-

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ill be overhauling the power plant in my truck this winter. Should happen when the cobra comes in. Going with Ross pistons, 17CC dish, crower cams, ported 03 heads, polished crank, etc.

Im going to drop the truck off to Griggs Racing and have them do some suspension components for our trucks. Since it will be down until Spring, it should work out good.

Mat, i thought you had a build JDM block?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No built Block here. My brother does since he blew his stocker. If I had a built motor I would crying with my numbers(496/582). Best of luck with the major overhaul this winter. Wait you CA guys don't have winter! HaHa. Hey I gotta ask you one thing. What the hell is your real name>??? LoL -Mat-

·
Registered
467 Posts
I was going to say that the "winter" time is the best time to race. We have a couple cold months here, but a couple of the tracks only close from around Thanksgiving to mid feb. Little further south and they only close for a couple weeks around Christmas and New Years....

That said, I think my focus is going to be towards the motor/trans. Built motor, ported heads, custom grind cams. I might not have any choice after putting an aftermarket blower on it in the upcoming RACE weather :)

Then I'll need a cage, but I'm going to wait as long as I can for that.

·
Registered
352 Posts
SVT F15O said:
No built Block here. My brother does since he blew his stocker. If I had a built motor I would crying with my numbers(496/582). Best of luck with the major overhaul this winter. Wait you CA guys don't have winter! HaHa. Hey I gotta ask you one thing. What the hell is your real name>??? LoL -Mat-
Names Kevin bro.

At any rate, winter time is good for racing but it doesnt really matter here. Aside from Sac Speedway and Fomoso, which are 4 and 8 hrs away, the rest of or local tracks suck for prep, so times dont drop to much. Its like a rollerink out there.

Hows your bro's truck doing these days anyhow?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
if all works out an ITS Turbo kit and maybe built motor if funds allow. if not i'll push the stock block for all its worth. dont forget a sfi balancer on those built blocks.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I,m going to put the new magnum powers blower on crower cams and port and polish my heads and turn the boost dowm a little .

·
Banned
928 Posts
ill have a supercharger sometime soon, and hopefully a shortblock, then heads, converter and tranny. not all this winter though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cage
QA1's
and get Low 11's in Nov

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Venomous Mofo said:
Hows your bro's truck doing these days anyhow?
Not that great, he is having some major tuning issues with it. I think he is getting very fed up with the truck. Constant talks about Sonic Blue 03 Lightning or a Black 03 Cobra. I am sure if he can get the truck straightened out he would be happy but he is always saying it is 13sec sled(never been to the track track) but who wants a 13 sec built motor truck with all the bolt-ons>??? I hope it gets figured out though. If they try and put any timing into the thing is pings like bastard. I think he said it has like 11 degrees of timing right now. Isn't stock 13*>??? -Mat-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts