Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.8 pulley, diablo chip, cold air, vrs catted x pipe, and magnapak catback.

What type of spark plugs should i get, and will I need to get the car retuned? once i put the spark plugs in, I will get the car redyno'd to check out my power gains and my a/f ratio.

-Ryan

·
Registered
521 Posts
I ran NGK TR6's gapped at .035 for about 8 months with that set-up and no issues. You shouldn't need a re-tune just for sparkplugs. Others have been using Denso IT-20's and 22's also, unsure what the gap would need to be, But I'd guess between .035 and .040. Lots of people use the stock gap on the IT's but when I installed mine, they ranged from .025 to .038, with the KB I gapped them at .032. Good luck....

·
Registered
72 Posts
With the 2.8" You can use the NGK TR6, Denso IT20, or the Denso IT22. The best for your application is the Denso IT20 gapped at .038.

We have them all in stock.

The Denso plugs for $74 for a set of 8

The NGK TR6 for $19.95 for a set of 8

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I run the IT 20's Gapped at 38..I checked them with 8200 miles on them and they were still in great shape..
I have 293 Pulley and get 13 to 14lbs boost depending on the Air..Even with 280 Pulley at Redline your getting as i am..About 11lbs boost.
I would recommend the 20's for you also..The upper with Lower Pulley guys running more boost should consider the 22's..

·
Registered
758 Posts
The 03 Cobra came with three heat ranges of plugs. AGFS-32/22/12s. Mine came with AGSF-12s. Denso says that AGSF-12 = IT-22s.
I run IT-24s with no problums.

AMB

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Dunno, I'm happy with the tr6's. I personally can't see the iridiums making a big difference. That being said, alot of people are happy with them!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts