Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the good news is that I swapped out the DC for a JLP unit.

The bad news is that I lost power (but have more in my tune).

What do you think I will make with a decent tune?

Dynorun.001 - JLP with idler pulley
Dynorun.018 - DC without idler pulley

You can see where the idler pulley helped sustain the boost by the leaning out of the 001 run on the top end.

I wish Mike Freedman came to the dyno like I thought he would. .:(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
In both cases your a/f is a little wacked. It was better with the densecharger, hence the higher power.

I would get that corrected. I'd send the curve to your chip guy and get him to flatten it out.

IMHO, with the A/F corrected, the JL will make at worst the same power, probably more.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told that i would be making at least 20-30rwhp more with a correct tune... what do you think? The A/F is well below 10 on some spots. Thank you! :)

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
Get the A/F right with the JLP, it might not make as much on the dyno. On the track is where it shines.

·
Registered
57 Posts
First of all you are using STD numbers which is fine if you are dynoing on the same day in the same conditions. Second your a/f is really rich in the middle. Get the a/f fixed and you should pick up some nice numbers across the board.

Remember it is not always peak numbers that matter, infact they are only nice to tell everyone. When your a/f is fixed look at the torque and hp gain across the middle compared to your other graph. That is what you feel and what wins races.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Its all in the a/f , The car picked up because of being leaner,
Just re tune . super the JLP is working fine that provs it .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep! This JLP piece is great. The DC really leaned me out and the tuner had to compensate for that. How much power do you all think the tune will grant?

Also, when the ram air is in full effect will the car lean out due to more air being forced in? Thanks so much for all of your help.

·
Registered
138 Posts
AUTOLOGIC

WHO IS TUNING THIS FOR YOU??

IF THEY ARE USING AUTOLOGIC THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO STRAIGHTEN THAT OUT NICELY.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE USING STANDARD OR SAE NUMBERS--A DYNO IS ONLY A TOOL TO MEASURE IF YOU ARE IMPROVING OR NOT.

SAE IS CORRECTED OFF A DIFFERENT TEMP THAN STANDARD IS.
STANDARD IS ALSO CORRECTD.
STANDARD NUMBERS IS WHAT DYNOFLOW USES WITH THEIR ENGINE DYNOS.

THANKS
JOE

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike Freedman tuned it with the DC and no idler pulley a while back. I really need to get this fixed.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Blades said:
I was told that i would be making at least 20-30rwhp more with a correct tune... what do you think? The A/F is well below 10 on some spots. Thank you! :)
Did you think you were going to pick up 20-30hp over the DC? Unless your MAM was getting bad readings I don't think so and given your smooth curve it doesn't look like you had a problem w/ MAM signal. What you can not measure on the dyno is the possible ram air effect of the JLP. Could the ram air effect of the JLP be worth 20-30hp? Best way to validate that is to take it to the track w/ a wide band hooked up and chips in tow to make sure you are comparing apples to apples (same AFR). Good luck.

Jerry

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its not just the JLP CAI that was installed after the dyno with the DC. I put on the idler pulley. You can see where that leans out the tune on the top end where I gain boost.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Blades said:
heh. please?
Hey Blades,

Just to agree to what the others have said, guaranteed you will pick up power between 3600-5500rpm when you get the overly rich condition fixed. However, peak HP (which occurs higher up) may not change all that much IMO. With similar mods to you except for a 2.93" pulley and a TB and ported blower inlet adapter, I was making about 475rwhp/482rwtq SAE.

Tell you what, let me know when you're going to the dyno and I'll bring my extra Twin-65mm TB and ported blower inlet for you to try out as well as a MAFterburner in the event that you can't get Mike to come out and fix your tune.

MJ

P.S. One more thing, your stalling can most likely be fixed also if it's MAF curve mismatch. However, more than likely it's caused by turbulence from the pseudo-ramair (hose directing forced turbulent air into the meter at low flow rates). These meters are extremely sensitive at low flow.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Blades said:
Mike Freedman tuned it with the DC and no idler pulley a while back. I really need to get this fixed.
Good luck getting a hold of Mike. Check out THIS THREAD on stangnet about him.

Where are you getting it tuned? Nedyno? Mike Dez?

Let me know when you do. I need to rent some dyno time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts