Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a log of a pul i made last night - I know I have a bad lean spot. I've thrown a shit load of fuel at it - but still it goes lean.

Tell me what you think of the rest of the parameters.

http://www.snakeracing.net/cobra/run2.log

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
The graph is way too hard to read. I took a while before I got a read on it. First thing I noticed very odd is that your pegging the map sensor at 4400 rpms?????? It shows 307 kpa at 4400 rpms. How are you getting that much boost at that low of an RPM?

Thats problems #1

You also need to reduce the run time on your datalogger. For the amount of time your in WOT its very hard to look at the graph. The graph is practically useless the way it is. Remove all those unnecessary parameters (NOS, UEGO, BPW, Fuel # per hour), and reduce the datalog time.

From what I can read, you go rich at tip in, then really lean once your in it. Coolant is way too high for that much boost as well.
Without looking at your VE numbers and knowing your fuel system, I'd first verify f/p to see if its holding. If the kpa numbers are true and you are actually seeing 307 kpa, I'd have to guess that your running 160 pound injectors by the 70% max duty cycle that I see.

Problem #2
Your target a/f ratio is set too lean too. I set mine up in low mid 11's down low, and work my way up to high 10's up high.

Email me your calibration file, and I"ll take a look at it to see what I can find in that.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I was taking a look at it some more and I dont see 02 correction on the datalogger. You need to see how much the 02 is actually correcting as you might need to change your rate of gain on the sensor.

I also noticed your discharge temps are pretty low for that much boost, my guess is your running air to water?

Send me the program and the specs on the fuel system and I can help you further.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running a T80 turbo on the car dave - which is how I'm getting so much boost so early - and a huge intercooler.

The car uses a Weldon 1250 pump, 83# inj and UPR rails.

My problem right now is FP - I pulled the filters off the car and they look pretty bad. I'm hoping the filter was just dirty and I don't need to replace the pump.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dude, Arent you in Texas ? If you are or arent, I suggest you call Mike Murrillo at www.murrillomotorsports.com. Mike is by far 1 of the best Fast/Speedpro tuners in the nation. He also has experience tuning mod cars, he did all Tim Palmers tuning and is currently tuning the 01 5.4 Cobra that Pro Turbo kits is doing. Mike's shop is in very North part of San Antonio and he even travels to most the NMRA events. He will send you a base file and can tweek it from there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm contemplating taking the car to Mike - but my overall goal, besides getting the car running right. Is to learn the software backwards and forwards myself.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
One Percent said:
I'm running a T80 turbo on the car dave - which is how I'm getting so much boost so early - and a huge intercooler.

The car uses a Weldon 1250 pump, 83# inj and UPR rails.

My problem right now is FP - I pulled the filters off the car and they look pretty bad. I'm hoping the filter was just dirty and I don't need to replace the pump.
I can tell you right now that the 1250 will not cut it. Go here and look at the specs http://www.weldonracing.com/pump3.htm

The 1250 is good for cars making under 500 rwhp.
The 2250 is good for cars making up to 750 rwhp
The 2350 is good for cars making up to 1100 rwhp.

Get a F/P guage on the car and monitor f/p. I bet its dropping.
Your injectors are fine for your turbo application. 83's on turbo applications can be used up to 1300 rwhp. Mihovetz still uses them.

If your still interested send me the program and I can walk you through with it over the phone. I'll be more than glad to help.

Dave

·
Registered
257 Posts
One Percent said:
I'm contemplating taking the car to Mike - but my overall goal, besides getting the car running right. Is to learn the software backwards and forwards myself.
Mike will teach you the software as he tunes, the best part about Mike is he is always just a phone call away on future problems.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Dave King said:
I can tell you right now that the 1250 will not cut it. Go here and look at the specs http://www.weldonracing.com/pump3.htm

The 1250 is good for cars making under 500 rwhp.
The 2250 is good for cars making up to 750 rwhp
The 2350 is good for cars making up to 1100 rwhp.

Get a F/P guage on the car and monitor f/p. I bet its dropping.
Your injectors are fine for your turbo application. 83's on turbo applications can be used up to 1300 rwhp. Mihovetz still uses them.

If your still interested send me the program and I can walk you through with it over the phone. I'll be more than glad to help.

Dave
It is dropping. As the car enters boost my FP goes through the floor. Down to about 20psi - I was told my pump which is a 2015 - not a 1215 - was good to 1000+hp. I pulled the feed filter and its not pretty inside there. I'm hoping that is the root of my problems.

Dave did you want to see my GCT file or something else?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dave King said:
The graph is way too hard to read. I took a while before I got a read on it. First thing I noticed very odd is that your pegging the map sensor at 4400 rpms?????? It shows 307 kpa at 4400 rpms. How are you getting that much boost at that low of an RPM?

Thats problems #1

You also need to reduce the run time on your datalogger. For the amount of time your in WOT its very hard to look at the graph. The graph is practically useless the way it is. Remove all those unnecessary parameters (NOS, UEGO, BPW, Fuel # per hour), and reduce the datalog time.

Dave if you drag the cursor across the graph white its at WO and right click the highlighted area - it allows you to zoom in on that specific area. Also goes to the botom "dashboard" and double click the areas you dont need - like NOS, UEGO, BPW, Fuel # per hour they will eliminate them from the graph leaving only what you want to look at.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Think this could be the cause of my problems? This is the filter AFTER the pump - there is another one right on the other side of it. Could this cause a signifigant drop in pressure when the pump really tries to move a lot of fuel?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is from rinsing it in a tub of fuel - this was a clean pan when I started.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I'll look at the file when I get home shortly. As far as your problem, no you have the wrong pump. Follow the guidelines above that i mention for the appropriate pump selection.

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts