Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have M/T 315/35/17's... I just blow them off. what is the largest side wall that I can go to with out rolling my fenders or rubbing. My rims are 11" cobras.
Thanks for any help that you can give...:tip:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
M&H makes a 275/50/17. That's just over 27.5".

I've got a set on my car but I haven't tried them yet....

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I wouldnt think many, if any 17" tires will hook with this kinda power on the street..
Just get a set of pro stars when u wanna go real fast.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I wouldnt think many, if any 17" tires will hook with this kinda power on the street..
i think you are right. I have prostars but have et drags on them so they are a no no on the street. and i have to roll the skinnies in the front to have matching wheels which i hate.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
They will hook with the right tire and suspension. I was running 315/35 17s and would blow them off in 1st through 4th with ease on 16#s. I switched to a 28" tall Nitto DR 305/40 18 and the car would hook in first on 16#s. I would barely spin on 23#s.

For 17" rims MT has the 295-45 17s, the are a 27.5" sidewall.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
M&H also has a 325x45x17 drag radial for the rear that is 28" tall. Thats what I will be running this year!

Ken

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replys, I will be looking into all of your suggestions...:tip:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Turn down the boost.
That's NEVER the answer.

Except maybe if someone asked "What is never the answer?" Then yes, that's the answer.

·
Registered
421 Posts
When I talked to a guy from M/T he said they were no longer making the 295/45/17 DR. I tried getting a set. They were back ordered for like 6 months. Then they said you can't get them anymore. If you look on summit you will see that it says 3/30/09 you can get them. It changes every month. And has changed every month for the last 4 months.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Here

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
When I talked to a guy from M/T he said they were no longer making the 295/45/17 DR. I tried getting a set. They were back ordered for like 6 months. Then they said you can't get them anymore. If you look on summit you will see that it says 3/30/09 you can get them. It changes every month. And has changed every month for the last 4 months.
My buddy just bought a set 2 weeks ago and the guy he got them from has more in stock. I can find out the name for you

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have you had the 315's on the car? Are the 295's much better for the street, and one last question do they rub? I don't want to roll my fender well.
Thanks
-billy

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How about the 325/45/17 ? will they fit with out rubbing...?:dunno2:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got the last pair of M/T 295/45/17's that Lethal had in there warehouse.
Thanks for all the infor..:tip:

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Have you had the 315's on the car? Are the 295's much better for the street, and one last question do they rub? I don't want to roll my fender well.
Thanks
-billy
Yes I have had the 315-35-17s on the car with this setup. It was a night and day difference going to the 305-40-18s. The taller sidewall really helps, especially with the turbo.

No rubbing for me. However I have a solid axle and weight jacker LCAs. I can change ride height if need be. Plus my fenders were already rolled to fit my slicks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts