Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing my new Weldon fuel system with 97 tank sumped with 10AN feed line and 8AN return line. My question is what is the best way to run my return line back into the tank. What have you guys done? :confused: Thanks for the help. Jeff B. (1BAD98)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have -8 feed and -6 return with a weldon 2025 and a sumped tank.

I put my return in one of the 2 fitting in the sump.This was a BAD idea.I get alot of cavitation with it this way.I cannot run less than 1/2 tank of gas or it sucks air.The best solution in MHO is to put the return in the top or the side of the tank.
Ive gone to a 10 gallon fuel cell now.

You can return it into the same location I did,but you'll probably have to run atleast a 1/2 tank of gas.

Tim

·
Registered
28 Posts
fuel cell

Cobra Killer,

Any pics of where you place the fuel cell? Is it placed in the wheel well or very back of trunk?

I have a very nice sumped tank that I purchased from Spence @ Rhodes Custom Auto but considering going to a fuel cell so I don't have problems like you mentioned with having to always have 1/2 tank (that sucks).

Also where did you get the fuel cell?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Jeff, your best bet is to run a picup in the top of the tank and return your fuel to it. I actually have a spare one if you need it, it has -8 and -6 connections.

Chad

·
Registered
113 Posts
My Builder Eric at XMP had Fuel Safe build me a custom 20gallon cell.He cut out the trunk and mounted it back there so my Center Exhaust would clear.It's the trickest fuel system around"for what it cost it should be!"give him a call at 1-949-305-6550 tell'm I referd you and ask about my fuel system.It NASA $hit I tell ya.It's got so many different,pumps,filters,lines,ect I would know what to tell you.He does thought.Give a call if your really serious about you Fuel System!
Kaz...............:cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. Jeff B. (1BAD98)

·
Registered
151 Posts
The simplest way to do this is to remove the fill tube and install a fitting as low as possible in it for a return(welded,steel, flare)The factory slosh sheild will prevent sprayback but who leaves the pump running with the cap off ayway:shocked

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pick-up

Chad,

Still have that Pick-up? So you saying that I could just use this pick-up and hook a -8 return. How much u askin for it?

Jeff

·
Registered
28 Posts
OK

Chad,

Check your PM

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts