Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a teksid shortblock and i need more specific info on how to do the swap. i know about the 9/16 coolant passage that needs to be drilled but i don't know how deep to drill. i know about the screws instead of pins for the timing chain guides and the t bird timing cover. are there any more differences? maybe oil pan? i would love to find actual literature on this of there is any.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Just do a search in this forum. Drill the hole with a gasket as a guide until you go thru the metal. Oil pan is the same, teksid or the original you have. Yeah. I may have used some different swing arms and will add more tomorrow as it is late. mark

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
THERE ARE 3 THINGS TO DO THE TEKSID, 2V SWAP.
1. DRILL THE HOLE, JUST USE AN OLD GASKET AS A GUIDE., DRIVERS SIDE OF THE BLOCK.
2. THE FRONT COVER FROM A '95 OR EARLIER FITS PERFECT(2V) OR USE ANY 2V COVER AND ONE BOLT HOLD DOES NOT MATCH WHICH JUST GETS SILICONE FILLING IT UP. I GOT THE CORRECT COVER ON EBAY.
3. THE TIMING COMPONENTS, SIMPLE SWAP FOR THOSE. ALL OF THE 2V PARTS WORKED FINE EXCEPT I USED A WASHER BEHIND EACH SCREW IN SWING ARM STUD TO BETTER ALIGN THE CHAINS, NO BIG DEAL.
Search for the Teksid 2V swap and you will find a lot of info and part numbers, google it also. It is a simple swap. You can use the Ford head swap kit that has the head gaskets, head bolts and some other parts for about $90. from www.tousleyford.com, ask for Steve. Stay with the 2V oil pump and pick-up, do not go with the 4V system as it is not needed and adds unneeded pressure and therefore friction. PM me ifyou still have questions, Mark
PM if needed.

·
Registered
675 Posts
with regards to drilling the hole, the deck surface is only around ~1/4" thick or so, because underneath that area of the deck are the passages for the water pump (so you actually WANT to go all the way through to allow coolant to flow this this hole).....you can use a rag with some grease or vaseline up through the water pump cavity to catch the shavings from the drilled hole

the bolt holes for the oil pan are the same for any 2V/4V modular motor, so you use the appropriate oil pan for your car "chassis"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts