Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Steeda sport springs, rear bushing,Qa1 shocks on 10, MM subs, stock tires 26LB air. And still had the hop. Not even a little better. First gear from a roll, bad hop. Any ideas?
Thanks,Poy Zin

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
hop......

been there with the hop.....we tested the qa-1's with the same results.......they didn't fix it.....our hbh/amazon racing shocks with the custom valving are the answer.......i've done alot of changes since we developed the shock kit,(more power) and since i didn't have the hop anymore with our shocks, i thought i would try the qa-1's again to see how they reacted with the extra power.....guess what .......i have hop again! going to put our's back on after the weekend......they work!:D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Nick, You can see the shocks on my car..I'll take you for a spin.
They only have 6 adj.. but they work..They should of came non adj,,as i put them on firm and the car rides great.
Only setting i use is firmest setting.

jim v.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Poy Zin said:
I have Steeda sport springs, rear bushing,Qa1 shocks on 10, MM subs, stock tires 26LB air. And still had the hop. Not even a little better. First gear from a roll, bad hop. Any ideas?
Thanks,Poy Zin
You didn't do the tires - the most important. If you want good sucess try the BFG Drag Radial and drop the pressure at the track to 15. If you want more wear out of the tires then get NITTO 555R and again lower pressure to 15 at the track. (In colder weather the NITTO will still hop). If you want to swap tires at the track use MT ET streets but you can't run in the rain with these on the street. I would go BFG G-FORCE Drag Radial.

·
Eaton Warrior
2,948 Posts
Has anyone tried Prothane's poly irs control arm bushings yet? I saw them at SEMA, their brand new. :thumbsup

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think you can 'make' anything hop. I drive around on my MT ET Streets (16x11.5x26) for fun and sport from time to time, and if they are not really warm, I can create a little hop. It's tough to do a burnout on the street ha ha My daily drivers are Nitto 315 DRs and I can hop them anytime I want in first or second. The trick is (IMHO) is to realize when you can stomp it and when you can't. I HATE to back off due to hop and I know I can run most cars down...
If I'm driving on the Nittos, I make sure I'm over 30 mph if I'm gonna jump on it. With the 11.5s I just make sure I'm not going from a dead stop.

Since the Apton mod on the Eaton, I can demonstrate a little blower sound and folks that used to want to play don't want to anymore.

James

·
Registered
492 Posts
i didnt see where Amazon Racing sells the shocks on their website.....

·
Registered
237 Posts
JaketheSnake said:
i didnt see where Amazon Racing sells the shocks on their website.....
I just looked and didn't either. Hmmmm...

Somebody, what is the easiest way to reach Hermann?
James

·
Registered
721 Posts
Another vote for the 10-way adjustable shocks from HBH. I was one of the early crowd to get these last year so I paid full price. :mad: They are considerably cheaper now. Any chance on a refund Herman? ;) I crank them up to "10" when I'm at the strip and drop 'em down to 6 or 7 when I'm on the street. Rides just like stock. These shocks coupled with my 315 Nitto's on 10.5's has completely reduced my hop at the strip. I still get a little hop on the street when my Nitto's are cold.

U.M.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts