Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can pick up a Viper T56 tranny. Ive thought about getting the 03 Cobra T56 but found out the Viper T56 will hold one hell of alot more power.

·
Registered
331 Posts
And G-Force has just come out with an upgrade to the Ford T-56's that will enable them to handle 900 streetable rwhp.

Dunno, might be a cheaper option.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I have heard the g-force is going to be close to 3700 for the replacement internals or 4500 for a new T-56 with the internals installed. It is not out yet and will be some time before it is out, but will be rated for much higher then the viper trans and will not need a special bell housing.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Where can I get info on this g-force stuff? I've never heard of them.
Just bookmarked D&D!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks Rad, I just bookmarked it.

I'm going to PM you b/c I don't want to hijack this thread...

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you are not wanting to spend top dollar on a Viper tranny> I have a Cobra R T-56> complete with Griggs aluminum drive shaft> and steeda tri ax shifter.
If you would like more info. you can reach me at [email protected]
Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
my buddy was tellin me something about the clutch recall on the '03s and if ppl don't take them in there then it ruins the end of the input shaft and then they just warranty out the whole trans....he heard that they were selling these trans cheap somewhere, u guys know anything?

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
trplblacksnake said:
Does anyone know where I can pick up a Viper T56 tranny. Ive thought about getting the 03 Cobra T56 but found out the Viper T56 will hold one hell of alot more power.
Go with the viper grade t56 form D & D Performance , but you will need to change gears in the rear to 4.10 or 4.30 because of the taller first gear AND the taller 6th gear at .50 overdrive.
just my 2cents!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
WIKD 281 said:
If you are not wanting to spend top dollar on a Viper tranny> I have a Cobra R T-56> complete with Griggs aluminum drive shaft> and steeda tri ax shifter.
If you would like more info. you can reach me at [email protected]
Thanks!
Isn't the Cobra 00R and 03 T-56 the same transmission so what would be the gain? We also have an aluminum driveshaft stock also.

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
toofast4u said:
Isn't the Cobra 00R and 03 T-56 the same transmission so what would be the gain? We also have an aluminum driveshaft stock also.
I think the input splines are not the same. The 03 has fewer.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Mach1Marauder said:
I think the input splines are not the same. The 03 has fewer.
I am pretty sure they have the same input shafts. There are only two different styles I have heard used on the T-56 the 10-spline that Ford uses and the 26-spline that GM and Dodge uses. The 26-spline is substantially stronger then the Ford units and that is what our problem is.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have the Viper T-56,carbon fiber syncros,pro 5.0 shifter,as well as the proper yoke for the driveshaft.
I would take 2000 fo rthe entire unit plus freight.
I just shipped a Stock cobra t-56 vias BAX global for 100 dollars it weighed 150 pounds.
Course shipping is based on where you live as well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
sn8kbite said:
I have the Viper T-56,carbon fiber syncros,pro 5.0 shifter,as well as the proper yoke for the driveshaft.
I would take 2000 fo rthe entire unit plus freight.
I just shipped a Stock cobra t-56 vias BAX global for 100 dollars it weighed 150 pounds.
Course shipping is based on where you live as well.
Why are you selling it?

·
Registered
406 Posts
By the way,you dont have to change rear end gears when swapping the Viper unit into the cobra,all the ratios are the same in cobra unit except 5th and 6th gear and you dont even notice it in real time driving.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts