Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Wangan GTO
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after arking the car on accident and now chasing some random short/ground in the electrical system. What started out to look like a simple CCRM issue has me stumped.

Issue:
At first the car would just black out dash/lights/gauges..everything. With a dead battery sounding click when you turn the key to start. Then after you left it alone or unhooked the battery or whatever. It would crank but wouldn't start. THEN out of the blue it would crank right up as if nothing happened.

So I checked fuses and and relays and all is seemingly well. Then all of a sudden it happened again about a week later. Back to the clicking black out. I did some research and everything is pointing to the CCRM. Borrowed a CCRM and no change even after swapping with two known good working ECU's.

Did more research and its said that maybe I need a "vehicle specific CCRM. I also read about bad grounds on the battery terminal and so fourth.
So today I bought a new ground cable and cleaned up everything and added the new cable. I even put the power terminal on a new copper end. Since all the old stuff was very nasty and corroded. I even bought a new CCRM from Advanced Auto Parts.

I pretty sure the fuel pump is not getting power and I'm not seeing any voltage on the Fluke ( assuming I'm using it right ) nor do I hear anything in the trunk. The pump is only maybe two years old and its a Ford GT pump single setup.

I get code P1233 wich is a FPDM code. But the FPDM will not power up or start if the PCM doesn't tell it to. That want do anything unless it gets its single from the CCRM. So I'm initially back where I started....AAARRRGGGHHHHHH

Any master techs or automotive electricians on here to help me out ?

MODS:
Electrically Stage 2 FPDM, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump, Relay upgrade

· Registered
1,614 Posts
Personally, I am jot a fan of messing with boost a pump, "modified" FPDM's and such.
I don;t remember your mods, so I really can't comment further.
PM me.

· Wangan GTO
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got it down to a simple non-start issue. I dropped the tank and pulled the pump yesterday and the pump tested good. I even re-installed the pump leaving the top off and hooking up the electrical and everything else. I put my finger on the top of the little plastic deal the fuel comes through out of the pump. Had my buddy hit the key and it primed no problem. However,when I put it all completely back together it seems like I lost the key prime sequence and I went from testing with no code to put it back together and all of a sudden back on the ground,I have the code again. Kinda frustrated to say the least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.