Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an "idle air control overspeed error" yesterday. No sign of vacuum leaks anywhere. I unplug the electronics from the IAC and it idles perfect, plug it in, and it bounces like a juggy on a trampoline. I cleared the comp. and let it idle with the electronics off, and attempted to reset the idle, but no luck.

Someone help me please, its soooooooo annoying.

Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you're sure you don't have a vac leak, then the problem might be in the IAC itself... stuck valve maybe, or perhaps the whole assembly is bad.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i unplug the electronics from it, its perfectly fine, plug it back in, and it goes nuts when i drive. What exactly does the electronics connected to the iac do? or tell it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The electronics connected to the IAC allow the computer to tell it when the car is at idle. The IAC is basically a miniature throttle body that is controlled electronically, it allows air in when the TB is closed. If the car idles well when the IAC is unplugged, your TB might be leaking. From what I can see from others with your problem, you should try replacing the IAC and see if that fixes things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts