Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Just pry it foward, use a pry bar or serew driver, I used a door pannel tool, after the idler is on wire tye it . you have to use some force, kinda hard. nitro

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yikes i just cut the damn thing off after the thing took a good chunk out of my knuckle..

what tools do i need to adjust the tensioner and how do i do it? heh. sorry bout the newb questions

Thanks a lot nitro

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey no problem , that thing is a pain in the a$$
nitro,

·
Registered
440 Posts
Plastic Thingy

For all your knuckle Busters.

Notice how there is a little plastic tab on the fancy tie wrap. Use a small screwdriver to hold it up to remove the strap and then pimch the thing a ceran way and it does not come off to bad at all.

I like the way the Metco bolts on , is colser th the blower pulley than Billet flows, the idler is hard anodized, but I think Metco is not using the corrct bearing and there Bracket is a good 2 lbs heaveiey than it has to be. I had fun with a Bridgeport and took care of that problem!

Mike69440

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the BilletFlow Idler and i never had to take the plastic piece off or modify it in any way. I had the SFP 100mm idlers laying around so i used that instead of the stock idler it came with. Talk about belt wrap!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts