Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pics of the IAC? My 01 F150 4.6 is surging from 500-1500 and I have read to clean the IAC, but am not sure what it looks like. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can someone discribe what it looks like I took the whole plenum off and might just dip the whole damn thing in gas. Would this hurt anything?

·
Registered
39 Posts
it is cylinder shaped and connects to the front of the plenum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot supergt99 I just got done with the tear down, cleaning, and reinstall. I think I over torqued the rear most bolt that mounts the plenum to the top of the SC. AHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't win with this damn truck. I am going to sell it as soon as I can get it to run right. Cleaning the IAC did fix the surging, now I only have the misfiring to deal with. Once that is figured out she will be a beast. She has a baseline tune, but she needs much more than that. Dyno appointment on the 8th @ 6:30 not like anyone, but me gives a sh1t. Later and thanks again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
did you check the sparkplugs? i had a misfire once and one of the plugs was cracked.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will check it tomorrow. Those plugs are a bear to get at--looking forward to that. She is also running very rich, could that have fouled the plugs to the point of misfiring? Or maybe it could be a gapping issue. I am running Denso iridiums so I hope it's not cracked. But, if it turns out to be I might just be releaved that's all it was. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts