Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've read multiple threads discussing this oil loss when pushing high boost with the KB.

What EXCATLY is going on...an inadequate seal somewhere?

I'm assuming the following:

1.) Compressed air from inside the rotor bore is leaking past an inadequate seal somewhere and entering the area where the rotor gears (and associated oil) are and forcing that oil through the case seal.
2.) KB's fix is venting that leaking air from the geari area to the outside world, which would carry some oil over.

TIA, Mosconiac

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not owning a KB this is complete postulus, however I would assume first that the air chamber is separated from the nose with a bearing and a seal of some sort and that the nose is filled with oil. That said, I would assume that the oil problem is from pressure building up (leaky seal from air chamber, oil expansion with heat, or the driveshaft slinging oil) causing the oil to seek to relieve the pressure by exiting through the path of least resistance.

Makes sense to me since this is only seen really in high boost ?

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
At 9psi I had a smidge of oil collect around the snout plug where the leak occurs. At 17psi after 4 dyno pulls I had oil all over quarter panels and engine bay. Im not exactly sure where the problem with internal pressure is arising from but the problem is handled nicely by Hermans kit. My only hope is that we dont blow any seals in the KB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts