Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone and Jimmy V too, Don't think ive dropped off the face of the earth. Too many family and financial problems to race -if all goes well i will be out there next year but this year doesnt look too promising.

Hope all my modular friends are doing well. I sure miss going racing but i think about it all the time.

Anything new in the modular world that i need to know of?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Cindy, Thank's for comming in..Hope the Future is brighter..We all miss you..

smoooch;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Eric & Jim V: Thanks! Im at least gonna get some seat time before i could out next year. My drag racing book is published too so many you can pick on up - Im really pscyhed!!

A photographer is setting up a book signing and photo shoot with Darryl Gwynn within the month. Sounds like fun. I need to get the word out - some mags are publishing about it.

Its gonna help with my getting out there racing next year!! Still have the same girlfriend Jimmy V?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Its gonna help with my getting out there racing next year!! Still have the same girlfriend Jimmy V?

Cindy..She went back with her Husband:( I guess after some time with me,,,He didn't seem so bad....:shocked ....
I get buy ,,We still friends but that is hard...:hammer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear that. My ex and I keep trying to get back together but hes not ready for commitment (i guess 18 years with me drove him crazy) haha

Hope to see you next year!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Sorry things didn't work out
Best of luck with the book..

I take Resume's and do Intervues ;)

That and my 2 Mustangs keep me busy....:beer

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Sure will, I go every year..This year i didn't go to Gainsville but i went to Bradenton.
I also owe my friend PAZ a visit..He is near Miami..
Next Event for me is Modular Shootout in Ohio..
That's gonna be best Event this year..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would you believe i havent been to any modular shootouts? I think dave has done a great thing with it. Wish i could be there!!!

The mod motors are in the 8's now. How'd they get that fast already? ha

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
The mod motors are in the 8's now. How'd they get that fast already? ha

Randy and Turbo's that's how...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its funny, Jimmy, if you are gone for a year or two the cars are going 1-2 seconds faster. Its too hard to keep up - i should of left my car in the 12-second range.

Im still not sure what my car is gonna run but the guys at the shop think i should be in the middle to low 9's. Once i get some seat time on it and get my roll cage completed then i am going to bump up again. I dont have the finances to get out there right now but hoping next year will be better.

Dont know if you heard but a drunk driver hit me head on 60mph in my dually with the trailer/race car. Totalled the drunk guys car but mine wasnt too bad. I went to therapy for 6 months but doing better now.

Remember Bambi? Well she has an 8 month old baby. Bobby has a baby that will be 2 in october. Lots of responsibilities for me family wise because bambi is living with me with no support from her dirt bag ex-boyfriend. Too much on the plate for me to get back now but im coming back one day. I think fun ford and nmra have given up hope on me. lol

Cindy

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Congrats Grand Ma...

The 9sec cars need a lot of maintenance..12 sec N/A car is fun and affordable,,,That was your mistake...Welcome to the club...
You live and learn...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another thing, Jimmy, (and then I will quit going back and forth talking so much - lol) is that i should of NEVER touched my 98 and worked on the 90. That would of been smarter instead of killing the interior, ac and gutting the 98. Everyone told me not to do it but im very thick headed and did it which is my biggest mistake. For what money i have in this car i could of bought Racing Jason Brown's 6-sec lightning truck OR Marty DeWinters 7-sec turbo mustang.

LIVE AND LEARN - yes i know but i found out too late. I might be selling my car also after i get it going and go for a 25.1 chassis car instead. It costs 40k to put one in my car and its not worth it. Thats my plans but i dont want to give up on my car yet.

Thanks for talking and guess we will see each other in florida races next year. I miss all the mod motor folk.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Real good hearing from you..Keep in touch..I am always around the Modular Scene..You don't need a car to hang with this Gang..

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Cindy Crawford said:
Would you believe i havent been to any modular shootouts? I think dave has done a great thing with it. Wish i could be there!!!

Hi Cindy

Too bad you can't make the shootout. This looks to be the last one "most likely". If you can't make it you can always get the highlight videos. We got them for every year so far, and we're doing one this year.

Anyway, hows your car? I thought you just needed a little bit of c4 repair work. Hows that coming along. Have you been able to get the car down the track at all? I'll be running in FFW Richmond in hopes to go 8's.

Good luck with your book, and all your personal life matters. Your family and your health always comes first, and we all understand that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dave: I tell you, you cant believe how sad i was to miss the first modular shootout, and now all of them. I've heard great feedback and i am very anxious to attend. I also havent been to even World Ford Challenge yet. I have so many plans for the future but money is simply the issue. I have the time.

I wish you the best of luck with it and if there is anyway i can help promote for you, i will. Just remember one of the original mod motor gals. haha

I did get my drag racing book off the ground and its published now. That was a big accomplishment for me but now its gotta be back to racing. But one thing i have learned i wont come back out half-azz so i still have some things to do.

I do have the tranny as JDs Performance is sponsoring me, I did get another Recaro seat (for renegade class) but i need to get the 6 point to a 10 point, get a parachute (not hitting the 150 mark yet but should be getting closer) and I think thats about it. Oh I need to more Hoosier slicks since i absolutely ruined brand new ones as they went flat sitting on the trailer.

But thats about it. Bad news is a drunk driver hit my dually months ago and i havent replaced it. Lawsuit came back really bad and had to give all the money i received from the suit to bills so that didnt help with my truck.

I MIGHT have a very big sponsor next year but i never count on anything cause i was screwed last year on a big one who promised me the world. If i could get my car finished in time to get to your event I definitely would. Never say never right?

Hope you are doing well and sounds like your car is with the program definitely running 8's. What kind of cage do you have in it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PS Dave: I just re-read your post and did you mean it to say that it might be the LAST shootout?? If so, why is that. It looks tremendous now.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Cindy Crawford said:
PS Dave: I just re-read your post and did you mean it to say that it might be the LAST shootout?? If so, why is that. It looks tremendous now.
Cindy: I can't continue to take out mortgages on my house, I would need someone to step up and help out financially. Very few people realize the committment financially and time wise thats needed to put on a 2 day race like this. It's enormous. Every race event has Team Mustang/Ford Racing or a big corporation backing it. Thats how it has to be done to survive.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Cindy Crawford said:

Hope you are doing well and sounds like your car is with the program definitely running 8's. What kind of cage do you have in it?
I'm running a 12 point cage right now. I have the PROCHARGER F2M, cog drive putting out about 33 psi. I got a Hogan intake, SHM long block, copper head gaskets, 96 pound injectors, Fast EDIS, and an air to air intercooler. The cooler isnt working very well by itself so I'm going to experiment with the NX Ntercooler chiller that uses C02 to chill the intercooler core. I"ll be using it for the first time this week. I'm using an Accufab prepped Power glide behind a Neal Chance converter. Heres a pic of the combo. Since this pictures been taken I've taken off the Electromotive Tech III, threw it in the river, and reinstalled the Speed pro with Lideo's help. I can rev cleanly as high as I want.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts