Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yay, just as the subject says. I love this connection. I finally switched to a wireless LAN. I love the capablitiy to move free abou the house! LoL

Brandon

·
Registered
438 Posts
congrats

Keep us posted as to how well it works, problems, etc.

Btw...love the avitar...........one of my all time favorite movies!!

Ben

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damnnit. I have to watch that movie. I have always heard great things about it, but never gotten a chance to see it. As of now no problems with connection. Which I don't expect any the first couple days. If I remeber correctly. It is good for 11meg/520ft. That is fine with me becuase I will never use that much.

Brandon

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just for an update. Everything is still working fine, and I love it. Speed hasn't dropped either. It stays constent somewhere around 2megbits. I am happy with it. Oh Yeah, I watched Slingblade on a side note. It was a great movie.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
i heard wireless is awesome...

however the upstream is either horrid or completely bad a**

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Lemme shed some light on this. He is talking about a Wireless LAN, not wireless internet.

From the Wireless Internet Products we tested when I worked for an ISP, it can be fast up or down. Its just limited like a Cable modem.

I use a DirecWay Satellite system from Hughes, which IS limited. The upload is 128 (so they say, I usually get 33k) but the download is rated at 500 (I have mine tweaked, I get 2.2 Megabit)

Its expensive ($100 a month) but I need broadband, and its my only option down here in da' deep south.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah thanks Eric. Wireless LAN. Sorry for any confusion. I bet you will be a happy camper when they run some fiber out your ways. That sat. gets expensive!!!!!! Ouch.

Brandon

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Yeah, the fiber ends about 1 mile from our house, but there aren't enough people here to justify them spending the money to make it out here. Usually they won't go into an area, unless they can pay off the cost of the install in 3 years.

The ISP I worked for is still trying to put together a long range wireless system, and if so, I'll probably get to beta test it.

Our house is on a hill, so there would be a good line of site.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yea it cool being able to goto the shitter and BS online.

If you want to find out something interesting, take a drive with your laptop.. You would be amazed at all of the unsecure wireless networks you can connect to.:evil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts