Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie O3 Cobra here. Question, can someone list the required parts (i.g. K&N intake, cat back exhaust, x pipe, lightning upper pulley, etc.) that can put me into the low 11 high 10 second mark on the 1/4 mile? I just switched over from import. This belt slippage thing and diablo chip thing has me baffled. Do I need all this to go low 11's on 93 pump gas?

Thanks in advance, Carl...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yes , Diablo chip, air kit, pulley's , Idler set up, ct bk, Shifter also. they will put you in the mid 11sec. range nitro call me # in sig,
856 697 5254

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will you look at that. Fast responses from our mustang gurus. Just talked to you pete a few minutes ago. Looks like your stage 3 upgrade is in my future. God this is going to be a rush! I'm getting ready to abuse the competion on the 1/4. (i.g.eclipse, supra, etc.)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ditto to that. I really started miss hooking in first and having 375rwhp...... until i bought my nittos.. :D I cant wait to try them out tomorrow!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm sure it's possible to go 11's in F1's (in fact, I think JT did it?), but DAMN if I'd want to try. I just got my 315 Nittos on today, and HOLY CRAP what a difference! I can actually floor it in first AND second now! Shooting for low 12's, high 11's tomorrow :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
HAMMER said:
Don't forget tires. You can't even buy a roadmap to mid 11's without tires.
ummmm Rich.... look below bro

G

·
j69gordon said:
455 Hp 490 Torque (SAE)

Best Times
60' 1.67
1/8th 7.46 @ 95.15
1/4th 11.55 @ 121.47
ON F-1's

Now THATS! a good driver!!! I think JT was pretty close to those times too. Way to go j69gordon!
Edit: I guess a well prepped track helps the good driver too

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's the problem with slicks, i'd have to bring a second vehicle to the track to swap out the wheels. I want to drive to the track, kick some tail, and drive back home laughing.

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
I don't think you need a shifter to run 10's but I guess if you need help it will do.:D

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
j69gordon said:
The original post is a little ambiguous, but low 11's and high 10's will be real tough on regular radials.

JT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts