Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill be running edelbrock intake 6061 elbow stage 3 heads aftermarket cam(Hitech stage 2 na cam or bullet raceing custom cam). Will 42lb injectors be to big. What size does everyone recommend. Also plan on running lightning mass air what is all needed. My intake is 3in and lightning mass air is 4in so do i just buy a coupler and call it good or go to 4in pipe and all. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i was thinking for the mass air. I plan on going turbo next year so dont wanna spend to much. I have a set of 42# injectors off my lightning so i thought id try to use them if they wernt to big, oh well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can use them if your tuner is comfortable tuning them. They are a little big but if you go turbo, i would suggest selling those and going with 60's or 80's depending on what you power goal is.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I use cobra 39#/hr injectors. Naturally Aspirated. There is no additional tuning needed to change injectors other than inputting the injector specs into the tune of course. Now if your MAF transfer function is off, then of course that needs to be corrected, but the injector stuff doesn't get altered once entered. If you do use a coupler for the 90mm LMAF, then make sure you have a wideband air:fuel sensor on the dyno in order to fine tune the maf transfer function. Reducers/couplers can sometimes alter the reading at the maf. In fact, I ran pretty much the same combo you plan to run 39#/hr injectors (very similar to 42s from a lightning) and a 90mm LMAF for years with absolutely no issues. It's all in the tune.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The guy i want to tune the car said that he can use the 42# injectors. Yess i plan on going to a turbo but i cant afford it all right now this year im going to run the car N/A. Hopefully get into the 12.50s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.