Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 GT. Fairly new to the ford and mustang game... bought the car in the dark thinking I got a pretty nice stock beater car... upon further inspection, its prettay sweet under the hood.

It's got a CAI, 78mm throttle body, upgraded intake plenum, hotter coil packs, race pulleys, stock manifolds with 2.5 inch down pipe off road X pipe w/ cats installed after the fact, flowmasters (also T45 trans, race springs, sick nitto tires)

With all of those goodies are the stock pink injectors going to cut it? Is there a junkyard swap that you modular people do? Say like from 5.4?

Am i going to need to upgrade the fuel pump any time soon? Is that another junkyard swap?

Do I need to worry about a tune? Is 85 octane (I'm a 5000-6000ft) ok to run? I'm told its equivalent to 87 at sea level.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm sure you're fine with the current injectors and pump.

I've seen a couple people do 5.4 swaps. It's a tight fit in the engine bay. And there really isn't a good intake available that extends the RPM range. Personally I'd save my pennies and look for a used blower set up. Even at low boost things will wake up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts