Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I put the pulley hub on the cone style bearing heater for 10 minutes or so. I wanted to slide it on hot and get the install tool on quick and draw it in before it cooled. I’m all ready, go to slide the hub on and it slid all the way to the blower!!!! It went to far hehehehe. I slide it back a little right before it cooled. It was only about .002 off so I put the installer tool on and ¼ turn was there. Man that heater did the trick. Next time I’ll try the ultrasonic. You have about 2 seconds once you start sliding it on the shaft before it starts to cool and get real tight. By the way the temp of the pulley hub was 800 deg F when I slid it on. I’ll let you know how the other heater works soon.

Rick

G

·
The GOOD book!

After more than 85 years of continuous publication, Machinery's Handbook remains unchallenged as "The Bible" in its field, and new 26th Edition remains true to the Handbook's original design as an extraordinary comprehensive yet practical and easy-to-use reference for mechanical and manufacturing engineers, designers, draftsmen, toolmakers, and machinists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We call it "The Bible", master it's content and you can conquer all young grasshopper.

Learn it, Know it, Live it!

http://www.industrialpress.com/mh.htm

·
Registered
459 Posts
Re: The GOOD book!

BilletFlow said:
After more than 85 years of continuous publication, Machinery's Handbook remains unchallenged as "The Bible" in its field, and new 26th Edition remains true to the Handbook's original design as an extraordinary comprehensive yet practical and easy-to-use reference for mechanical and manufacturing engineers, designers, draftsmen, toolmakers, and machinists.

We call it "The Bible", master it's content and you can conquer all young grasshopper.

Learn it, Know it, Live it!

http://www.industrialpress.com/mh.htm
COOL!!!! Thanks Doug!

Rick, nice trick!

Jerry

·
Registered
52 Posts
vic demone jr said:
BUT HOW DID YOU GET THE OLD ONE OFF?
Turn off the Caps Lock!!