Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went ahead and installed the tork tech blower on my 1996 tbird. It was not a walk in the park since it was not designed for this car and I had a couple of issues to overcome. On a crown vic I would use the hoses I used to lower the water outlet to make it easier to degas the system. I also recommend installing a mark 8 alternator for improved clearance and I recommend using my belt routing.

I initially dynoed the car on dyna pack dynometer and then I ran the car on a dyno jet dynometer. The dyna pack numbers were 367 rwhp and 392 torque. I then ran the car on the dyno jet and it made 404 hp and 431 ftlb of torque. The boost started backing up in the manifold at 5000 rpm and at 6000 rpm it climbed from 9.5 to 11 psi with the stock pulley. I made this with 91 octane gasoline and 14 degrees of timing. The PI motors cylinder heads ran out of flow so that is why the boost backed up. I am working on a better motor for the future. Here is the link for the install.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=118712

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my exhaust is kooks 1 5/8 primary 2 1/2 inch collector mandrel bent dual exhaust no cats magnaflow mufflers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
yea dont think that would be a problem then. did you do a motor swap to have the PI heads in your car or do you still have the stock motor from 96?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I blew up the old motor about 6 years ago. I then swaped in a 2001 PI 4.6 out of a crown Victoria.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts