Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have the least amount of accessories on it and take your time. Watch out for brake and ac stuff. Slowly ease the baby in the engine bay with a cherry picker. One person should look for any obstruction while the other lowers.
thanks

Dave

·
Registered
71 Posts
Kevin -
I have no clue, but I am very interested in what kind of combo and how much it is running to do it $$$.

I am right now trying to decide between an intercooler & more boost, a Bullitt intake, or just going all out for a new forged internal shortblock and cranking up the boost.

Good luck with it,
Howard

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Injectedzone, that'll be my buddies duty to keep an eye out. Hopefully he can stop talking about how I should have bought a Camaro long enough to focus on this job :D

Hey Howard, the price I'm not sure about because, I got all my stuff with a dealer discount since at the time my boss hooked me up. I got CP 17cc dished pistons, Eagle rods, Modmax springs, and bearings from ProPower in Ft. Lauderdale. Give PK a call he's real cool and knows his stuff.

·
Registered
87 Posts
wld_wst said:
Thanks Injectedzone, that'll be my buddies duty to keep an eye out. Hopefully he can stop talking about how I should have bought a Camaro long enough to focus on this job :D

Hey Howard, the price I'm not sure about because, I got all my stuff with a dealer discount since at the time my boss hooked me up. I got CP 17cc dished pistons, Eagle rods, Modmax springs, and bearings from ProPower in Ft. Lauderdale. Give PK a call he's real cool and knows his stuff.
did you buy a new block or use your old one?

What are you doing with your old motor?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've done this job 2x with my own car. It's not too bad. You'll have fun. :king

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GreenMonster'96 said:
pull the motor AND tranny at THE SAME TIME.....it's not fun to install the tranny from under the car on jackstands :(

SJ
yup good advice, since I'll be switching to a 8 bolt crank so gotta change the flywheel anyway, and throw in a Spec clutch while I'm in there.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Don't even start until you've drank a case.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well, we've figured out how to open the hood!

Actually we are very close to completion. I have about 2 weeks worth of stuff to wrap up on my end, 1 week getting custom A/C lines made and at least a week to tow it to Chris Johnson at JMS for tuning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts