Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this topic has been discussed over and over again, but I couldn't find anything about it. So, if this topic has been discussed, please call me an idiot and point me to the topic :D

Anyway, what intake manifold has the best flow?

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
131 Posts
from every thing i've read it's the bullit, but there is one that came out not long ago but i can't remember who makes it, it is somthing like richards or somthing like that they claim it flow alot better then the bullit

·
Registered
131 Posts
i thought so..... does the bullit actually help ( $1,300 worth of help) unless you have a blower, or can cams add more with the bullit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The Bullit's tb inlet adapter is in a different location as stock right? It looks like the tb is angled a little further forward from the stock position. Wouldn't this make intake applications incompatible that are normally compatible with the stock tb location?

·
Registered
131 Posts
yes, you have to use an oval bore throttlebody instead of a round one and i think the location is the same as a stock cobra ( not 03) so you can use cobra inlet pipes

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info! I think I'm gonna get me some PI heads, Bullit intake, 75mm cobra tb, and maybe a cold air kit for an 02 cobra. I'll stick with the stock cams for now. :D

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
388 Posts
LodBot said:
Thanks for the info! I think I'm gonna get me some PI heads, Bullit intake, 75mm cobra tb, and maybe a cold air kit for an 02 cobra. I'll stick with the stock cams for now. :D

Thanks,
Alex
what? 02 cobra? "Get me some PI heads"? You already have PI heads, you mean get them ported? :confused:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had always thought that PI heads meant "Ported somethign" guess not :D Then yes, I'll get them ported. The reason why I said 02 cobra is because:

96stang46 said:
i think the location is the same as a stock cobra ( not 03) so you can use cobra inlet pipes
:confused: Sorry, newb here

·
Registered
131 Posts
actually i was looking at the intakes and the throttle body on the bullit and cobra are not in the same location (sorry for the bad info ) but they are both oval, not round

·
Registered
331 Posts
PI=Performance Improved

There was no '02 Cobra

The intake location on the Bullitt and Cobra are in the same position from what I understand. If you look at CAI kits, it's the same kit for a bullitt or a cobra.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Performance.... Ported... same thing! :D
Thanks for all the info

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had heard from someone that porting and polishing your heads makes hp but takes tq. Is that true? And generally, how much does P&P cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
hp/tq differences depend on how much their ported and by what methods. It shouldn't loose any, it should gain it, but it may move it higher in the rpm range.

Costs run the gammut from $500 to $2500 depending on what's done and who does it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
do you think its worth spending that kinda money? Or should I invest my money somewhere else?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well, power is made in the heads. I think it's worth it to have them ported, as long as it's not $2500...that's for the racers looking for every ounce of power.

I'd say it was worth it for the $500-$1000 range. Many people port their own, it's a lot of work, but not rocket science it you are only smoothing the surface out. The Eastwood Company makes a bunch of stuff for doing it yourself.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Cobra Killer said:
Intake position is the same for the 96-98 cobra and the Bullit.
99-01 cobra intake is different.
Tim
Oh yea, that's right, the 99-01's come straight out to the side don't they?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
sounds good! Do you think 300rwhp is acheivable N/A? I was guessing that with the bullit intake, P&Ped heads, 75mm cobra tb, cold air intake, cams, shorty headers, x-pipe, and a cat back I could get around 360-370bhp and assuming 18% loss, I'd be at the 300rwhp mark. Are my predictions correct?

Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would think you should be very close.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts