Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the intercooler capacity? And what mix are you using in the system? I was planning on doing 30% yellow gold coolant, 1 bottle watterwetter, and the rest distilled water.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
On a side note, anyone have any idea what the IC coolant pump flow is?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The intercooler is 3.79L per the manual. I put in 1L yellow anti-freeze, 1/2 bottle waterwetter, and the rest distilled water.

Shadow why are you looking for the flow rate? It seems to flow a lot of water and I personnally wouldn't want to increase the pressure of that system. The water seals to the intercooler didn't give me the greatest comfort considering if they fail you will hydro-lock your motor.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
toofast4u said:
The intercooler is 3.79L per the manual. I put in 1L yellow anti-freeze, 1/2 bottle waterwetter, and the rest distilled water.

Shadow why are you looking for the flow rate? It seems to flow a lot of water and I personnally wouldn't want to increase the pressure of that system. The water seals to the intercooler didn't give me the greatest comfort considering if they fail you will hydro-lock your motor.
Im not necessarily looking to increase flow, just want to make sure that when(if) I try something I am not restricting any flow :)

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
I just used distilled water and water wetter in my intercooler reservoir. 30% coolant in my main system. Being in FL. i don't plan on being in any freezing temps, so that should work.

gary

·
Registered
260 Posts
Shadowgray03 said:
Im not necessarily looking to increase flow, just want to make sure that when(if) I try something I am not restricting any flow :)
I have a cooler in my trunk, in line with the intercooler, running all of it off the stock pump with No problems what so ever.

Jayson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts