Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone messed with this so far? Im sure someone has. When the car is cooling off in between runs to put the ic coolant system on a switch to where you can cycle the coolant threw the system instead of letting it stagnate in the resevoir and in the pipes.

Seems if you run the fan and coolant threw the system it would cool off alot better.

So next question. Which wire and where do I tap?

·
Registered
277 Posts
me like your thinking and nice #'s at the track holy sh*t nice trap speed:jawdrop

·
Registered
309 Posts
The high speed fan relay is on pin 46 at the pcm. The intercooler pump is on pin 82. By simply grounding both of these pins through a switch, you can turn on the pump and the high speed fan to help cool between rounds. Just make sure not to let it run too long, or you will need a jump.

·
Registered
42 Posts
lguerra1 said:
The high speed fan relay is on pin 46 at the pcm. The intercooler pump is on pin 82. By simply grounding both of these pins through a switch, you can turn on the pump and the high speed fan to help cool between rounds. Just make sure not to let it run too long, or you will need a jump.
ahahahahahahahahah! Its funny you should say that...I think he need a jump twice yesterday....but his engine bay was super cool...I could have cooked a meal in mine:(

·
Registered
90 Posts
lguerra1 said:
So i just cut the wires going to these pin's and hook it on the prong to the switch and get wire and hook it to the other prong and ground it?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The time when I did need a jump I left the radio on and eddy jumped in and turned the heater full blast and walked away.

·
Registered
42 Posts
why did Ed turn on the heat full blast????

·
Registered
309 Posts
boostin'03 said:
So i just cut the wires going to these pin's and hook it on the prong to the switch and get wire and hook it to the other prong and ground it?
I wouldn't just cut the wires. You can splice into them with a switch that is going to ground. That way the pcm still has control of the fan and pump under normal driving.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did the fan mod yesterday which is basically the same thing on pin 46, I used 20 gage wire. Im gonna do the IC thing tonight on pin 82.

·
Registered
90 Posts
here is a cheezy little sketch. Is this sopposed to be how it looks?

Anyone have a diagram as to where the pins are on the ecu?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just pull the connector off the ecu.

They are not individually labeled, you have to count back on that row, there will be a number at the end of each row. At least that is what I did.

That diagram looks like exactly what I did, except I can draw better. hehehehe j/k man

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
why would you wanna stick a fuse on a wire that is a ground?? Your not throwing power threw that wire, your just grounding it out prematurely, instead of letting the pcm function do it as scheduled via the coolant temp sensor.

Maybe im thinkin outside the window here.......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey broke7, When you say there is a number at the end of each row. Is that in the ECU or on the connector?

Noone has a diagram of the ECU?

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
take off the black plastic protective cover it has 4 plastic small clips on it. Then unbolt the connector from the ecu 10mm.

you will have to untwist the connector some so you can get better access to the wires and see what your lookin at. They should be on the end of the connector..not the ecu.

·
Registered
309 Posts
281UndrPressure said:
It's not a bad idea to stick a fuse in line between your splice and switch.
There is "0" need to place a fuse inline on that circuit. You are already working with the ground side of that circuit, in which case a fuse there would have no impact on what a fuse is really intended for. Those circuits are fused already, ahead of the load. All you need to splice in is the switch.

By the way, the wire colors for those circuits are:
fan = LG/VT
cooler pump = WH/OG

1 - 20 of 41 Posts