Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a KB 2.6 on my car and I can't get the intercooler pump to quiet down to my liking. I am not convinced the pump is the issue, maybe air in the system, but I got my hands on a lightning pump. Has anyone changed there stock KB intercooler pump to the ford racing Bosch pump? Just wondering if there are any issues I will run into when I change it other than the KB pigtail connector may not fit.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Running a KB 2.6 on my car and I can't get the intercooler pump to quiet down to my liking. I am not convinced the pump is the issue, maybe air in the system, but I got my hands on a lightning pump. Has anyone changed there stock KB intercooler pump to the ford racing Bosch pump? Just wondering if there are any issues I will run into when I change it other than the KB pigtail connector may not fit.
I know a couple of people have done this and it worked out fine. You can mod the old brackets of fab up some new ones. Also, you can buy the Ford pigtail so that will make the job easier. Do a search on intercooler upgrades and look for a post 94tbird did on this. If I remember correctly it has the parts number you need to make it happen.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I replaced the Johnson pump from KB with a Bosch Ford Racing. I paid 90 dollars for the pump. I paid 10 dollars for an older chevrolet ignition coid bracket. I wrapped the pump in rubber from an innertube, clapmped on the coild bracket and thereis no noise or vibration. I have it mounted under bumper on passenger side, to the bumper support.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all who responded

1 - 5 of 5 Posts