Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found this site through the bmw forums (dtmpower.net and bimmerforums.com) those guys buy and sell HIDs like its their job. http://www.misterjung.com these kits look quality, have a whole range of color temps (i think 4700k (white) - 8000k (purplish)), and the kits are not that expensive ($380 for one kit compared to a $600 philips kit) and he does group purchases. i am just checking around to see how much interest there is in a GP for these kits.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes this is a true HID kit, you would not necessarily need the lenses. the lenses just focus the beam in a straight line. i believe with our light housings it will be spread apart, but will still look 100x better than stock or "upgraded" bulbs.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
do you know if any projector lenses are coming out for us? I know they have the 96-98 sytle projector lenses, but I can't find the 99-up sytle.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just watching for now:cool:
How low will the price drop w/ a GP?

Darren

·
Registered
180 Posts
Several guys in my car club have HID lights installed. They say (in retrospect) that they'd have bought GE Silverstars at $20 each, ($10.00 rebate if you buy a pair...) and banked the rest of the money.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
actually, that price is pretty good. I have 3 friends with honda S2000's and the first time I asked them about it they said it could be close to $1000

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when i bought HIDs for my M3, i bought a Philips kit. it was $650, so these are considerably cheaper. and that's not including my Ellipsoids (European M3 Headlights with lense for HID)

·
Registered
180 Posts
(Sorry, that's Sylvania Silverstars, not GE.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts