Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.modularfox.com/

Talks all about modular engines in fox stangs. (fox vehicles).

PK's 93 cobra is a beautiful car and great to be able to follow along with the progress.

It seems that nearly everyone doing this swap is using some kind of aftermarket standalone computer system, like FAST, TEC, etc..

I guess its the PATS that makes everyone nuts? I thought someone came out with a way to disable that.

oh well... keeping my eyes open even if my wallet is locked shut I guess..

Adam

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Adam, I have been planning on the 4V swap for 91GT now for quite some time. I did have a 96 DOHC but ended up selling it. I am not sure which modular will find a home in my 91 now. There are so many different options. I do however already have a Performance Automotive mod/fox tubular K-member installed.

Chad

·
Registered
151 Posts
There are a couple of ways to disable the PATS.One is through an aftermarket chip and the other is via another device that is wired in,the later being the cheaper method.
You can also use 93-94 harness and ECM but tuning is limited because there is no software for the application(at least through Autologic):cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey Adam...

I'm going to use the autologic chip to turn off the PATS and to disable the returnless fuel system on my 2001 into my 88, to get around the fuel system, Dave from Kauffman's told me he'll just make the voltage 12v across the entire fuel map.

I've been going though the wiring diagrams for the 2001 and my 88 and i think it will be fairly simple... I'm using a new 2001 main engine harness and 2001 computer. Since my 88 didn't have MAF to begin with I thought it would just be easier to make my 88 stuff run on the 2001 harness vs the other way. I had DFI on my 393 and didn't want to go back to that again.

I'll have the computer and harness in my hands tonight. AJE K member should be here this week too!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I came across an 03 motor and sold my motor. 93 Cobra with and 03 motor!. Sounds good to me. Just need to go pick up that badboy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have just found this site. I have just dropped a 4.6 2V into my 92LX. It is a 40,000 mile car with black interior. The motor is mostly stock with a Bullitt intake and Accufab throttle body. I also installed a set of JBA headers. I installed the motor. Had a problem with the headers and sterring shaft and cross member. I made a new hole in the Kmember to move the motor forward. I then made a new cross member. All I need to do now is figure out the wiring. Just can't quit figure how to make the check engine light work

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know if any of you have seen this site or not.

But this guy has an 03 Cobra motor in a green lx. It went 11.00s with the motor being stock. And even in the new MM&FF they said the car went 10.60s with the stock heads, cam, and pulley.

www.alternativeauto.com/waterbox

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sax1031 said:
I don't know if any of you have seen this site or not.

But this guy has an 03 Cobra motor in a green lx. It went 11.00s with the motor being stock. And even in the new MM&FF they said the car went 10.60s with the stock heads, cam, and pulley.

www.alternativeauto.com/waterbox
that car has been around for a while now..

Im keeping my eyes on a friends fox/01 4v combo using EECV instead of FAST... curious to see how it works out and how the learning curve will be.

Adam

·
Registered
985 Posts
That's my buddy Dominic's car. It was probably the frst car ever converted, I believe it was done in Late 2002. This is the Motor City. We get our hands on the good shit before everybody else LOL.... That car now has a Single turbo, 76mm if I remember correctly, and goes 8.60 all day long. He drives the shit out of it all summer long too..... Just like I drive mine........ Dominic works at Livernois......

James

1 - 14 of 14 Posts