Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple interesting tidbits pulled from tremecs site about the T56.

Here is a Q&A about an aftermarket shifter I found interesting.

QI am installing an aftermarket shifter on my TREMEC. Do you have any suggestions?

AThe major problem with aftermarket shifters is that they have stops on them. To install them correctly, you will have to remove the stops completely. Our transmissions are built with internal stops.
For those interested, here is a link to the T56 service manual in pdf format.

http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English/media/pdfs_autogen/LD56-0610-0199.pdf

There are 25 different versions of the T56, see attached table.

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
VERY interesting......

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SolidSnake said:
VERY interesting......
Yea, I dont even see our tranny in the list....or at least none of the gear ratios match to the cobra brochure I have :shrug

·
Registered
577 Posts
Wonder if the aftermarket shifter business applies to us too? I thought a shifter was one of the BEST things you could do for the tranny?

G

·
I knew about the tanny stops....but without stops in our aftermarket shifters the slop(play) in gear is crazy. I like my shifter to click in gear and when there, not be able to move a 1/2 inch. So do like 100's of us have...get the aftermarket one....my Tri-Ax is just awesome! I am sure other brands are great too....much better than that stock one.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra (tuned by Nitrous Pete www.Nitrous.com)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Let me add some of my experiecnces with the T56.Yes the T56 does have internal stops but when slamming gears they are known to break.I have a pro 5.0 and set the stops like instructed. With the way I slam gears I would rather be safe than sorry.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SSled said:
Let me add some of my experiecnces with the T56.Yes the T56 does have internal stops but when slamming gears they are known to break.I have a pro 5.0 and set the stops like instructed. With the way I slam gears I would rather be safe than sorry.
Yea, I dont see how adjustable stops can do any harm if set properly. Im thinking the question may be geared towards shifters that perhaps have a permanent, non-adjustable stop or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts