Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the full invinca-shield set for my cobra (they're running a 20% off sale now) and I was wondering if anyone had installed this themselves? If you have any dos and don't and things to watch out for that would be terrific! Obviously I'll be claybaring the car beforehand to get any wax and other garbage out from under it, but any advice would be helpful. I plan on spending next saturday doing this so we'll see how it goes :)

Thanks!
John

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had mine installed because I was worried I might screw it up. Good luck and let us know how it went. I think you will be happy with it. I had no choice, even though I drive it only on dry days, the roads here have gravel year round it seems like. Got my first chip in the bumper on the way home from the dealer and decided to have one put on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any pictures of it installed on your car? I'd love to see! Can you see it easily or it is more or less invisible until you get quite close?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I havn't taken any pictures of it yet. The shield was virtually impossible to see. I got a little sloppy when I waxed the car last and now some white residue is along the edge. It stands out now. I need to spend some time on it and get it looking good again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its not too hard to see on sonic blue, I'm still getting used to it. Recommend you do the wheel areas first (easy + less visible). Save the front end for last, royal pia. I had mine installed, but ended up removing several pieces that were too visible for me. Make sure you have everything super clean, trapped particles look really bad. Not sure I'd try the big pieces myself, cost me $150 to have 13 pcs installed..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts