Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'VE NOW READ 3 THREDS ABOUT SOMEONE GRENADING A HALFSHFT AT THE TRACK, AND SEEN A COUPLE OF PICTURES IN MM&FF-WHATS THE DEAL? ARE THESE THINGS STRONG ENOUGH TO TAKE DRAG RADIALS WHEN THEY REALLY HOOK?-OR IS A SOLID AXEL, OR POSSIBLY UPGRADED HALFSHAFTS BETTER INSURANCE AGAINST BREAKAGE.

·
Registered
6 Posts
eventually, one will break.....Pete is running an auto in his car, which helps save them. upgraded axles will still break.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
The IRS is not designed for drag racing usage. Go 8.8 solid axle if that's a problem for you. And turn off your damn caps lock.

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
mine broke on drag radials.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I'm curiuos about your failure. Was it due to hop? did it break on the launch? During the burnout? on a shift?

Were you running the 275 Dr's at the time?

And how do you launch?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm trying to figure out what to do next, if i should try 315 dr's, if I should order a stock half shaft to have on hand for when mine lets go. if I should try to get a set of stronger ones before 1 of mine lets go.

JT

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
I broke them on 315 nittos. I know have 315 bfg's. They hook better. I believe mine broke because of a mixture of bad track care and cold track. It broke on the lauch I was riding the clutch at about 4000 and when I popped it it broke. See ya on the 12th right JT?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The 12th is sold out, and I didn't get a spot.
Maybe I can try and meet up with you somewhere else, like MIR so I can run more than 1 complete pass without getting thrown out.

Does MIR do any weeknights other than Friday?

JT

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Not 100% sure. Check their web site. mirdrag.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts