Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody found a place to buy a stage 8 button head replacement bolt for the IRS upper mount?

G

·
I tried 3 bolt dealers in Detroit and none showed any in their books that were longer than 80mm

J69GORDON on this board has ordered another box of 25 and he's graciously offered to take care of distributing them to us....you should contact him right away because I don't know how many are spoken for

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent him a PM last Thurseday and haven't heard back from him about what he is doing. I have purchased the MM IRS bushing kit and Steeda bushing kit and was planning on replacing them this weekend if I can find somewhere to get these bolts. Otherwise I will just replace them then have to go back and replace the bolt. I am going to be changing my rear tires to Nitto 315 DR on the stock rim next week and if I don't need the bolt for them to fit then I will purchase it when I can and replace it later.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Doug, i believe they are Grade 12.2 12mm X 100mm.

gary

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to J69Gordon they are 12mm x 100mm button heads. The stock bolts are Grade 8, but he found some that are Grade 12.2. I just received a PM from him and he is planning on doing another purchase.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stock is some metric 10.5 which is equivalent to Grade 8 so as long as it is at least that strong we are good.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ok guys,
I have 50 more sets coming in.... if you need em, lemme know... I'll ship out next week. No mark up on these... just my cost + shipping to your door.

Jayson

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chillfactor said:
How do we pay you??????????
He is shipping them on the honor system. So make sure you send a check back to the return address you receive on the package.

Make sure you remember to send a check back.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just like toofast said... I'm gonna send em all out... please just send me back a check, I really don't need to eat $400 worth of bolts.

Jayson

1 - 15 of 15 Posts