Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to add a little oil to the kb..they say to use 50 wt synthetic...i would asume that 5-50 mobil1 is just fine ..any comments before i do it??? mike

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
mike5876 said:
need to add a little oil to the kb..they say to use 50 wt synthetic...i would asume that 5-50 mobil1 is just fine ..any comments before i do it??? mike
Get Redline straight 50 wt Syn...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jimmy...can you find that at a regular auto parts?? this thing really blows out the oil under 18 lbs boost!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
We have speed shop here that sells it..Go to Redline site to find Dealer..
I am sure you can find a Straight Syn 50 wt somewhere..
You need to run a catch can from the vent to save the oil..
It suck's until someone finds a solution..
Herman from Horsepower by Herman said he is working on a Fix..

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
You want Redline SAE50 Race oi (it's actually 15w50)l. DO NOT put motor oil into the blower. The temperature of the crankcase is far too hot for motor oil. With the blow-off valve, you will need to add oil to the blower periodically.

I bought a gallon. The RedLine 50W race oil is very difficult to buy in any local autoparts stores or performance shops. PepBoys doesn't have it either.

Here's the link for Fischer Motorsports:

http://www.fisher.org/store/detail.lasso?SKU=RDLRCSAE50-G

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Rich,You are right, I just checked the Redline 50wt i have for the KB Blower..It says 50wt race 0il on the front and 15w 50 on the back,,
I was told to use this by Jim Bell.
Before i knew better i changed Blower oil and used Castrol Syn, 20w50 and on a Florida trip it turned Black..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts