Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have welded in Flow's with some crappy tips from UPR that have been ok so far, but I'm starting to wonder if I may benefit from Magnaflow's.

I can get them delivered for $345, so I guess what I'm wondering is whether or not it's worth the $$$

·
Registered
406 Posts
Are you talking about mufflers or a cat back? If you are running the stock cat back (w/ aftermarket mufflers and tips) you have small 2.25 dia piping that is pinched in places. On your S/C applicaiton, you will usually pick up noticable gains with a nice 2.5" cat back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My tuner seemed to think adding a 2.5" cat-back system would gain me anywhere from 3-5rwhp to an absolute max of 10rwhp, not bad for $400, but not a necessity.

$345 is a great price (is that Full Line Exhaust?), plus it gets you stainless steel as a benefit. I would do the Magnapacks over the Magnaflows, but that is just my opinion and I like it loud.

I wish the Macs came in a stainless steel cat-back.

Howard

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you can spare the money, I'd say go for it... one less thing you'll have to worry about. Since you're blown, I think you'd definitely see some gains.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts