Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Is Facebook killing the Modular Fords Forums like Ford is trying to kill the MOD motor for the Coyote?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  IronTerp 
#1 ·
It's been quiet here at MF and I wonder if Facebook is killing off this forum? On a somewhat unrelated note, is Ford really trying to kill off the MOD motor platform to promote the Coyote engine?

I personally would never swap my 01 Cobra engine for a Coyote engine because if you use all new parts, a Coyote swap would cost over $15 GRAND and you would end up with an engine that has cast pistons, powdered metal rods and a non serviceable factory cast aluminum cylinder block that is easily broken as power levels exceed 1000HP. No thanks. I would rather put that $15 grand in coyote swap money towards improving my mod motor.

#2 ·
I couldn't login here for the longest time, finally got my password reset. FB is so useless for real tech- it's too ephemeral. But yes, it is killing the forums.

Edit: Ed will chime on on the mod motors stuff- but yes, they just stopped making it and that is that. Get good used parts as they show up for sale and hoard em.

#3 ·
This thread is a few months old, but wanted to comment. Facebook is definitely having a significant effect on the popularity of the Forums. I keep lists of 10 second Eaton Terminators and 07-12' GT500's and there is minimal information on additions to these lists through the 2 major modular forums. But have found tons of info on list upgrades through Facebook. Really unfortunate. Facebook has become like Amazon: one stop shop.

#4 ·
The social media platforms will be an attractive venue for those who want to have the ability to, in an interactive format, communicate their latest adventures, in whatever endeavor they favor, in near real-time. The challenge with social media for tech is it tends to be a stream-of-consciousness sort of feed without the ability to capture, categorize and archive knowledge for future reference. Sadly, a significant number of participants will not have their performance ride for more than a couple of years before the ride, and their participation are both gone. This characteristic is a self-limiting attribute that is part of the basic fabric of social media.

The manufacturers, because of the traffic on the medium, advertise in the space, which serves to promote it. As a result, forums like MF will either recover over time or fade from the scene to be replaced with media that more closely matches the market's needs. My personal preference is the MF-style forums because of the ability to archive and expand important tech for future reference — but that is just me ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.