Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. If I run Bassani X pipe and Bassani cat back. The 03 system they offer without the cats do I need a chip?

I imagine the answer is no, but will the car run well without cats?SHould I get a flip chip and run one program for cats and one for without? Is that necessary or would it be beneficial?

2. How much gain should I expect from headers? How much do they change the way the cars sounds?

Currently trying to decide what to do to my car. Im pretty happy with the power stock, but its way too quite. I would like to run a consistent 12.0

·
400 Posts
No you do not have to run a chip but you must get MIL eliminators. But if you run my chip I already take care of it in the chip so no need for the eliminators. Plus with that exhaust CIA you'll get another 24-28 hp.
As far as headers I can't honestly comment on them for I have never personally did a back-to-back comparison. I will be testing 3 sets in the next month and will give an accurate apples to apples test comparison of them. I'm waiting on a 3/4 length set from Borla. These headers will enable you to change the tranny with no issues at all. But I feel for all around use a stepped header like I'll be testing will come out on top for good mid and upper range power. We will see.

Rick

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok

ok thanks.

You mean a cold air intake right?

So Bassani X Bassani Cat back and CAI it will be then. That sounds great. SOunds like it will get me close to 12.0 hehe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts