Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First start with the 2.2 on and I can def hear it turning inside the blower. And while I'm driving. It kinda sounds like a slight grinding but I'm not sure. How do I tell if its bad or if I have a cog setup? I read they make it loud at idle/driving aswell. And I don't mean loud asin the whine under boost or air being suckd in. Its like a bad bearing sound from a pulley? Thoughts?

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol sorry auto correct. It doesn't sound normal at idle. Loud. I don't know how to describe it. Just not sure if its a simple fix or a major one

· Premium Member
4,000 Posts
How do you know if it's a cog set up? Look at the belt and pulley.

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do I tell if its a cog set up? I'm thinking its a bearing aswell. Guess its gotta come back off. Damnit.

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when i spun it by hand it sounded pretty normal. not as quiet as the eaton but not bad. my oil level is good and i havent boosted the car yet. im still in the process of putting together my new set up for the kb, i just wanted to start the car and check for leaks. it just seem too loud at idle and while cruising. it does sound like a bad bearing almost but im unable to properly diagnois it. i guess ill be pulling it off and having it rebuilt just for peace of mind.

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im just gonna send it off to PSE Superchargers and get it rebuilt when i get the cash. allwell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.