Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I've had my trans out, does anyone remember if the pivot ball for our clutch fork is adjustable, since I put the Spec 3 clutch in the geometry of the clutch fork has been a little off, as I had to adjust the firewall adjuster way out as compared to the stock unit. I know that resurfacing the flywheel brings the entire clutch assembly forward somewhat, but this is probably almost a half inch different. Just trying every last idea before laying the money down on that new tr6060, thanks.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
All it does is screw into the case, so just remove it and shim it with some washers, just be sure you still have enough thread engagement after shimming it. May want to add some blue lock tight for added security.

--Joe

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I'll look into it.

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
If you're needing a shorter pivot ball, you can pick up an adjustable unit. I have one with my RAM dual disc and picked it all up from Jared @ Lethal. This may not be necessary as it sounds as if your problems might require a longer stud.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'll shim the stock one out with washers if there's enough threads available.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I shimmed out the stock pivot ball and bingo, I love my car again.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
is there a way to measure and see if the pivot ball needs shimmed?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The reason I knew it was off is because with nothing more than a clutch swap I had to adjust the firewall adjuster almost all the way out and with the stock clutch it was maybe 1/4 out. And just looking at the fork indicated that it was in a bit of a bind even before depressing the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
with the clutch pedal depressed, should the fork be parallel to the clutch fingers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts