Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get some BFG Drag Radials for the track, but i am not sure if they make 315's for a 17inch rim. I know they have them for 18inch rims, but i was wondering if they have the for 17inch rims.

Matt

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Matt,, BFG makes 315's for 17in rims,,However because they are sized larger then the Nitto 315's,,They don't fit properly on our stock rims..If you get the 10 1/5 in Rims the BFG's will fit..

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
They exist, Jegs has them for $169.99 each (275/40's are $162.99)

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2236&prmenbr=361

Size: P315 / 35 R17
Rim: 10-12''
Tread: 12.0''
Section: 12.4''
Diameter: 25.6

I've seen them on the stock '03 rims, but Jimmy is right, it is a tight squeeze. I think the narrow stock rim negats most of the advantage that the 315 has over the 275.

JT

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got a set of BFG 315/35r/17 drag radials off Tirerack.com for 155 BUCKS. I'm gonna find out first thing in the morning how they fit on my stock rims.

Riaan
Zoinc yellow 03
[email protected]

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
RIAANSCOBRA said:
I got a set of BFG 315/35r/17 drag radials off Tirerack.com for 155 BUCKS. I'm gonna find out first thing in the morning how they fit on my stock rims.

Riaan
Zoinc yellow 03
[email protected]
Please follow up on that. I am very anxious to hear your comments on the fit.

Rich

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
I have the 315's on a 10.5 rim and man there Huge...I'm not sure how they'll work on a 9" rim. Good Luck though

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
RIAANSCOBRA said:

Riaan
Zoinc yellow 03
[email protected]
Good luck! I had Nitto 315's on my stock rims and couldn't take advantage of the full section width. The BFGs are atleast 20mm wider (that's around 0.8" for those of you who are adverse to the metric system) and if you get them on the stock rims, I believe that the extra width is going to be wasted (i.e. not contributing to a larger contact patch). Keep us posted.

MJ

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx for the quick help as always guys, I really appreciate it. I will play it safe and go w/ the 10.5 rims. I'd rather be safe then sorry. thank you for the link JT, i am going to purchase them next week. RIAANSCOBRA-I checked tirerack also, but i couldnt find them on there, do you have the link to it?

Matt

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hey call up Tirerack for the BFG's or Nitto's. You can get either size BFG for about $136 with your SVTOA discount. I got 2 315/35-17 Nitto's for $320 shipped to my door. -Mat-

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SVT F15O said:
Hey call up Tirerack for the BFG's or Nitto's. You can get either size BFG for about $136 with your SVTOA discount. I got 2 315/35-17 Nitto's for $320 shipped to my door. -Mat-
Sounds like a deal to me, thanx man

Matt

·
Registered
758 Posts
I beleive, for track use, you would be able to use a lower air pressure with the stock rims to get a better footprint, if the side walls will let it. For the street, the 10.5" would be better, because you can not use the lower pressure.

AMB

·
Registered
90 Posts
Matt
I called 574-287-2345 and placed the order. I forgot the SVTOA discount!
MJ Yes, I'm gonna need some luck to put them on, they sure are WIDE!!!!

Riaan
[email protected]

·
Registered
122 Posts
No dice on the stock rim.. You'll be doin a burnout and your rim will be spinning on the tire. hehe. Ridin spinners yo. jk

Has anyone tried teh Nitto 555-RII? Drag compound but with a stiff sidewall. I think thats a nice trade off between traction and handling if any at all. Shame its only in 275

·
Registered
90 Posts
With some easy 1.7's 60' all weekend and no problems of spinning the rim on the tire for me..... or may be I was just lucky.
The only thing is that it looks like typical low budget setup, as if you cannot afford the rims to go with the tire.

Riaan

·
Registered
459 Posts
Blades said:
No dice on the stock rim.. You'll be doin a burnout and your rim will be spinning on the tire. hehe. Ridin spinners yo. jk
Do you know someone in an 03' who has spun the tires on the rims and if so what was their setup? Gears, clutch, tires, rims. Thx.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It'll happen a little bit on stock rims with something like a BFG 315.. Just make a marking on the tire and line it up with something on the rim.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts