Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as scheduled my 03 came in yesterday. I went to the dealer and drove it today. Really nice but I guess I am spoiled with the power of my 98. I will pick it up tomorrow. It was full of salt and a mess from transport but I told them not to touch it. I can just see the prep guys scratching the hell out of it.

I am so damn tired now after working on the 98 all nite. Hopefully I will be excited tomorrow when I get it. I could not get over how quiet the car was, to damn quiet. The ride was nice... but I already can tell it needs more power :D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Congrats and best of luck with the new car..You will be going 11's with it soon enough..

jim v.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
WHOHOO!! I think you're going to love it. Chip pulley intake exhaust, then you'll be back to the power and sound you are looking for. Great to meet you at the dyno last Sat.

Bill

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This car is bizarre. The interior is like being in a time warp with the 98. Except the seats are no contest. The IRS on the highway rules. Wow what a difference. I had what you could say buyers remorse. The last thing I really needed was another car but I can't get the smile off my face now... I love the 6 speed.

Now for the interesting part. The engine has 12-13-02 on the side of the left valve cover which means it was assembled on Friday the 13th. The seats are marked 1-2-03.. The day after new years. This ought to be good a motor made on the spook day and the car in assy the day after New Years.... I got a good laugh on that... Cross my fingers...

Matt I got Redfire and I am not sure if I will take it to the nats yet. My wife is racing the bird and besides that I am really not sure....

·
Registered
237 Posts
BAD PNY said:
This car is bizarre. The interior is like being in a time warp with the 98. Except the seats are no contest. .
I had 2 early 80's Mustang GT's and I think most of the 2003 controls are the same. But the engine and the IRS -- big diff.
JW

·
Registered
191 Posts
Congrats Mike, I see the car finally got here. Well, you know what that means don't you? MOD TIME!!!!!!!!! :evil

PS: I'm insulted I had to find out about this on the Forum, where's the Email? :p J/K

1 - 9 of 9 Posts