Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only got to hear it for about 15-20 seconds but I got her to bust off by reconnecting my factory ignition (fuggin MSD :rolleyes: ) I would have run it longer but I don't have a blowoff valve hooked up (no room for it) and the thing was idling around 2100. My factory oil pressure gauge also didn't read any pressure (We got a new sensor but thought they sent the wrong one and they must have) but the tappets quietened off imediatly and the thing sounded sweet. My next step is get my powerpipe modified, get my blowoff welded in, and send my MSD :rolleyes: off for inspection. Then maybe I can get some miles put on this clutch and hit the DYNO soon!!!

Chad :D

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE

Man does this thing sound awesome! If I never opened the hood, you would swear it was a 408 Windsor!! It has a nice lope to it, and the sound the flowmaster 1 chamber race mufflers add is just awesome. I now have my pipes fabbed up and in place, I just have to have them smoothed up and painted. The correct sending unit now has my gauge showing pressure like it is supposed to. The mass air meter seems to run "ok" now with the old chip pulled out (with it in, it will barely even run). I still have to adjust my throttle linkage some (too much slack) and adjust my clutch cable. I also have to box my DIS-4 :rolleyes: up and get it sent off for repair. I am sure there is more left to do but I wanted to bring everyone up to date so far!!

Chad

·
Registered
518 Posts
Glad to hear the ole 4V is running. I bet she does sounds sweet. Now, will she run as good as she sounds?J/K. Good luck Chad.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

Finally drove the car today! I decided this morning no better time to road test it than today. I still have a few small things to work on, like painting the pipes and such, but all in all the car is back together and running good. I would have been driving it sooner but I found a small water leak that took me a couple days to run down and repair. I now plan on getting my street miles in on the clutch, change the oil, get the MSD back hopefully in a week or so, and get it all together and ready for a trip to Chris Johnsons for a dyno tune! Hope to have some numbers on this baby SOON!

Chad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts